Description of problem:
When failing to change the volume description, the spm failover shouldn't be triggered automatically.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. have a data center on version 3.5 and up, two hosts (hsm and spm).
1. Update a vm with a image disk on the datacenter from 1.
2. ovf update should run after X minutes (to shorten the time you can reduce the 'OvfUpdateIntervalInMinutes' config value
3. the first step of the ovf update is to set the volume description to the ovf disk, trigger failure on that and verify that no failover occurs (verify that the error is of the ones that otherwise would trigger spm failover).
spm failover is triggered.
spm failover isn't triggered.
This bug obviously should be verified using webadmin portal,rest-api operation
and those are just not supported yet due to BZ #1047621
Ori, please take a look on the reprorducation steps i've added. the ovf stores update is using that call.
I Have,you are right about the dependency part
verified on vt3.1 steps taken:
1) initiated a volume corruption to OvfStoreFile
2) waited for SetVolumeDescriptionVDSCommand to fail:
2014-09-15 11:49:41,523 ERROR [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.irsbroker.SetVolumeDescriptionVDSCommand] (DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-29) [1aab8938] Failed in SetVolumeDescriptionVDS method
2014-09-15 11:49:41,523 ERROR [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.irsbroker.SetVolumeDescriptionVDSCommand] (DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-29) [1aab8938] Command SetVolumeDescriptionVDSCommand( storagePoolId = 00000002-0002-0002-0002-000000000045, ignoreFailoverLimit = false, storageDomainId = d29a83db-d22b-454f-8707-4bc461192dc1, imageGroupId = 7b5a08b1-fea1-4f9e-9522-16ee73e7878f, imageId = d1259c58-b80a-4fa8-a882-1c3ba706fc2d) execution failed. Exception: IrsOperationFailedNoFailoverException: IRSGenericException: IRSErrorException: Failed to SetVolumeDescriptionVDS, error = Volume does not exist: ('d1259c58-b80a-4fa8-a882-1c3ba706fc2d',), code = 201
3) no SPM failure was noted
RHEV-M 3.5.0 has been released, closing this bug.