Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1127056
Migration Guide for community users
Last modified: 2015-03-19 03:10:27 EDT
We need a step by step guide to assist Package Maintainers / Engineers who wish to migrate their packages from different translation system to Zanata instance.
Some of the expected contents:
How to pull pkgs from other instance
How to prepare files/dir for pushing to Zanata
Command Line Client options
How to pull the files and publish
Create a maintainers' guide, somewhere in zanata.org/help
- mention Zanata init (make sure server and client version that support this are available)
- note that Zanata init will not work on F19. Using the ivy client may be a workaround for this.
- example of single pot (gettext)
- note that gettext projects have to use map-from to deal with Fedora locales that are using underscores.
- example for multiple pot (podir)
- point to zanata help docs for every step that is generic
- update help docs for generic steps that are not up-to-date or good enough
- add help page for zanata init
- add some info to http://zanata.org/help/cli/cli-push/ about dealing specifically with gettext and podir directory structures
- add page to give an overview of the maintainer migration workflow (“Maintainer Guide”)
Use this for guidance about the project structures we are likely to see in Fedora projects: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAQ_on_migration_to_Transifex.com
Example of a migration guide: https://phraseapp.com/docs/migration-guides/migrating-from-transifex-to-phraseapp