Bug 1127090 - ActivationKey: UI raises misleading validation error on updating the content-host limit from finite number to 'unlimited'
Summary: ActivationKey: UI raises misleading validation error on updating the content-...
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Satellite
Classification: Red Hat
Component: WebUI
Version: 6.0.4
Hardware: Unspecified
OS: Unspecified
medium vote
Target Milestone: Unspecified
Assignee: Christine Fouant
QA Contact: jcallaha
URL: http://projects.theforeman.org/issues...
Depends On:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
Reported: 2014-08-06 06:52 UTC by Sachin Ghai
Modified: 2017-02-23 21:08 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Last Closed: 2015-08-12 05:13:35 UTC
Target Upstream Version:

Attachments (Terms of Use)
updating the limit to 'unlimited' throws misleading error (50.93 KB, image/png)
2014-08-06 06:52 UTC, Sachin Ghai
no flags Details

System ID Private Priority Status Summary Last Updated
Foreman Issue Tracker 7730 0 None None None 2016-04-22 15:36:51 UTC
Red Hat Product Errata RHSA-2015:1592 0 normal SHIPPED_LIVE Important: Red Hat Satellite 6.1.1 on RHEL 6 2015-08-12 09:04:35 UTC

Description Sachin Ghai 2014-08-06 06:52:40 UTC
Created attachment 924366 [details]
updating the limit to 'unlimited' throws misleading error

Description of problem:
I created a activation-key with "content host limit" 6.

Later, I updated the limit to unlimited and UI raises error:

An error occurred saving the Activation Key: Validation failed: Max content hosts cannot be nil 

Firstly, I updated the limit to 'unlimited' and error message says "Max content hosts cannot be nil" This error message is misleading here, isn't it ?

Please correct me if I misunderstood something..

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
sat6 GA snap3

How reproducible:

Steps to Reproduce:
1. create a activation-eky with content-host limit with finite no ( say 6)
2. Update the limit to 'unlimited'

Actual results:
UI throws error:
An error occurred saving the Activation Key: Validation failed: Max content hosts cannot be nil 

Expected results:
The limit should be updated to 'unlimited' without any error

Additional info:

logs from production.log on updating limit:

Processing by Katello::Api::V2::ActivationKeysController#update as JSON
  Parameters: {"organization"=>{"name"=>"Default_Organization", "label"=>"Default_Organization"}, "created_at"=>"2014-08-06T06:42:49Z", "updated_at"=>"2014-08-06T06:42:59Z", "id"=>"4", "name"=>"testkey", "description"=>nil, "unlimited_content_hosts"=>true, "content_view"=>{"id"=>1, "name"=>"Default Organization View", "label"=>"Default_Organization_View", "description"=>nil, "organization_id"=>1, "default"=>true, "created_at"=>"2014-07-31T11:59:07Z", "updated_at"=>"2014-07-31T11:59:07Z", "composite"=>nil, "next_version"=>1, "organization"=>"Default_Organization", "environments"=>["Library"], "versions"=>[1], "versions_details"=>[{"version"=>1, "published"=>"2014-07-31 11:59:07 UTC", "environments"=>["Library"]}]}, "content_view_id"=>1, "environment_id"=>1, "usage_count"=>0, "user_id"=>3, "max_content_hosts"=>6, "release_version"=>nil, "service_level"=>nil, "pools"=>[], "content_overrides"=>[], "permissions"=>{"view_activation_keys"=>true, "edit_activation_keys"=>true, "destroy_activation_keys"=>true}, "environment"=>{"id"=>1, "name"=>"Library", "selected"=>true}, "products"=>[], "host_collections"=>[], "api_version"=>"v2", "activation_key"=>{"id"=>"4", "name"=>"testkey", "description"=>nil, "environment_id"=>1, "created_at"=>"2014-08-06T06:42:49Z", "updated_at"=>"2014-08-06T06:42:59Z", "user_id"=>3, "max_content_hosts"=>6, "content_view_id"=>1, "release_version"=>nil, "unlimited_content_hosts"=>true, "service_level"=>nil}}
max_content_hosts: ["cannot be nil"]
Completed 422 Unprocessable Entity in 245ms (Views: 0.8ms | ActiveRecord: 4.6ms)
Client disconnected.


Comment 5 jcallaha 2014-12-05 14:30:37 UTC
*** This bug is verified in upstream.  This fix should eventually land in future downstream builds ***

Version Tested:
RHEL 65/66/7


Comment 6 Bryan Kearney 2015-08-11 13:20:05 UTC
This bug is slated to be released with Satellite 6.1.

Comment 7 errata-xmlrpc 2015-08-12 05:13:35 UTC
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.

For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.

If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.