Please see attachment for complete write-up of problem. A few things
1) This testing was done with kernel-2.4.21-17.EL
2) This only occurs if ACPI is disabled
3) I have attached a patch that fixes the problem.
I do not believe the patch is a true fix, it only is masking
the problem by calling a smarter routine first.
4) Other architectures such as x86 has similar code, there is good
reason to believe the problem will exist there as well.
5) I do not think pirq_peer_trick is a robust routine and should be
a candidate for removal. However I do not feel qualified to make
6) If the bug manifests itself then the XFree86 drivers do not
initialize correctly, there are resource conflicts, some resources
are bogus, and they believe there are no interrupts.
Created attachment 96847 [details]
full description of the problem and discussion of the issues
Created attachment 96848 [details]
patch that masks the problem
This bug is filed against RHEL 3, which is in maintenance phase.
During the maintenance phase, only security errata and select mission
critical bug fixes will be released for enterprise products. Since
this bug does not meet that criteria, it is now being closed.
For more information of the RHEL errata support policy, please visit:
If you feel this bug is indeed mission critical, please contact your
support representative. You may be asked to provide detailed
information on how this bug is affecting you.