The list of resources to association with an organization or location, for example subnets, does not honor the user's RBAC permissions. For example, if a user has a filter to see only subnet S1 but there are other subnets S2 and S3, all three will be displayed instead of just S1.
Also related, however, is the fact that the UI sends up the list of subnets on form submit as a group. This means that if the above case is fixed so that the user only sees S1 in the list of choices, this will lead to them effectively remove S2 and S3 if another user had added those. The UI needs to be fixed to perform separate add and remove operations on individual IDs rather than blindly posting back what it believes to be the full set.
Created from redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/7337
Moving to POST since upstream bug http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/7337 has been closed
Applied in changeset commit:887e2fd905a470cfd8d2f7db25d1b4274c548afc.
Should be merged together with https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1245624
please provide verification steps
thanks and regards,
For example, if a user has a filter to see only subnet S1 but there are other subnets S2 and S3, all three will be displayed instead of just S1.
^^ That is the reproducer.
VERIFIED With sat62-snap9.3
1) Created a subnet subnet_111 (vlanid 211) and subnet_112 ( no vlan id )
2) Created a role called "foreman_role" for subnet "view subnet" and limited the scope for it using "vlanid 211", so that only subnet_111 is visible.
3) Created a user "kbidarka" and assigned the role "foreman_role"
4) Upon logging in as user kbidarka, we can now see only the "subnet_111" and not subnet_112
5) Assigned subnet_112, the vlanid 211 and we can now see both the subnet's when logging in as kbidarka user.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.