Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 113980
Docs display is whack in production
Last modified: 2007-04-18 13:01:44 EDT
Description of problem:
The display of our documentation within the Help section of the
website is poor and sometimes inaccurate. Here are the issues and
1. A link to the RHN Provisioning Reference Guide appears regardless
of the entitlement level of the account being used, even when not
logged in at all.
- I suggest presenting it only when the account is
Provisioning-enabled to match the logic behind our display of the RHN
Management Reference Guide, substituting it for the RHN Update (or
Management) Reference Guide, rather than adding to it. No other
reference/service guide needs to be presented, since these are built
off one another and contain virtually all of the same content.
2. Although the PDF link to the RHN Provisioning Reference Guide
works, the HTML link (at least for non-provisioning entitled accounts)
actually goes to the RHN Update Reference Guide.
- I suggest linking to the separate prov. guide at:
3. The link to the RHN Update Reference Guide still reads, "RHN User
Reference Guide" giving no indication of the service level to which it
- I suggest replacing "User" with "Update" to make it more descriptive
4. The buttons to the reference guides in the left navigation bar are
inconsistent. When linked to the Update guide, it reads, "Reference
Guide." When linked to the Management guide, it reads, "Management
Service Guide." When linked to the Provisioning guide, it reads,
"Provisioning Service Guide."
- I suggest presenting only one type of reference guide, depending on
the account entitlement level. (See item 1.) If possible, the button
should read, "Reference Guide" regardless of the type of guide.
Please let me know if you have questions.
Fixed as described above -
The proper reference guide (and *only* the proper reference guide)
should show up for each kind of user.
The nav will read 'Reference Guide' in all cases.
looks good in qa.
Docs now dope.