Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 11412
Problem with login using a USB modem
Last modified: 2008-05-01 11:37:55 EDT
I have installed the USB back port onto the kernel, and I have got the
modem working OK.
I am now trying to dial into the linux server. The following happens :-
1. I am presented with the unix banner and it requests a username
2. On entering the username I am asked for a password
3. On entering the password, the session hangs.
4. After a minute the session timeout message happens
5. I cannot call into the server
Obviously uugetty has handed control over to the login program, and the
login program has read the password (traced it using strace).
assigned to nalin
Please attach the output of "strace -p <login pid>" so that we can try to figure
out why login is timing out while authenticating. Also, what are the contents
of your /etc/pam.d/login file?
Closed due to lack of input, and because at this time only pointing devices and
keyboards are the only USB hardware being supported in any way.