From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040115
Description of problem:
After starting KDE for the first time after rebooting the computer,
Konqueror SIGABRT's when viewing the first http page (es:
http://fedora.redhat.com) does not abrt on local files
(file:/usr/share/doc/HTML/index.html), it only does this one time, and
does not appear to cause any loss of functionality.
may or may not be related to
including backtrace as attachment.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Reboot computer, startx, launch konqueror
2. visit http webpage.
Created attachment 97238 [details]
Backtrace of ABRT
strange, i cannot reproduce this problem here, it works for me!
you mean it works again, if you start it a few times?
I only get the sigabrt the first time I view a http webpage with
konqueror after rebooting the computer. After I close the kde
backtrace application I can keep viewing in the same window.
It my be something related to my configuration with kde, Im going to
remove all the preference files and see if the problem goes away.
The SIGABRT is being caused by a corrupted konq_history file. This
appeared in kdebase-3.1.93-0.1.
In my .bashrc file i am
rm -f .kde/share/config/konq_history
echo " " > .kde/share/config/konq_history
(I should have been 'touch'ing, but who know what I was thinking at
This was creating a konq_history file with a size of 2 bytes. The
first time a webpage is accesed konqueror looks at the file and
SIGABRT's, the file then is written correctly and will not sigabrt
until my user logs out and back in (.bashrc is executed again).
I have corrected the issue on my side, but this my be a sign of other
problems with the file handling of konq_history.
You should be able to reproduce this problem by logging out of X, and
replacing your konq_history file with a invalid one.
I think im going to recommend this bug for closing, after trying out
the about steps as different user on the same computer, I was not
able to replicate it myself, after removing the .kde dir for the user
in question and reconfiguring kde I no longer see the problem,
corrupt konq_history file or not.
i close this bug