Description of problem:
At the end of installation, katello-installer instructs the user to access the integrated capsule on port 9090. However, if the user clicks/opens the link provided via the katello-installer command, they are presented a non-useful error page.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. install Sat 6. The installer provides similar output to:
* Katello is running at https://satellite.example.org
Default credentials are 'admin:*****'
* Capsule is running at https://satellite.example.org:9090
* To install additional capsule on separate machine continue by running:"
capsule-certs-generate --capsule-fqdn "$CAPSULE" --certs-tar "~/$CAPSULE-certs.tar"
2. browse to https://satellite.example.org:9090/
3. user is presented with an error page stating:
"Sinatra doesn’t know this ditty.
get '/' do
If the integrated capsule is not meant to be interacted with directly over port 9090, then we should:
* Remove the 'Capsule is running.....' output from the installer
* Update the error page that is provided on port 9090 to something more informative, such as "the integrated capsule isn't meant to be interacted with directly"
Since this issue was entered in Red Hat Bugzilla, the release flag has been
set to ? to ensure that it is properly evaluated for this release.
*** Bug 1264151 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
For Sat6.2, s/katello-installer/foreman-installer/
After the foreman-installer is run,
out: * Katello is running at https://abc.redhat.com
out: Initial credentials are admin / changeme
out: * To install additional capsule on separate machine continue by running:
out: capsule-certs-generate --capsule-fqdn "$CAPSULE" --certs-tar "~/$CAPSULE-certs.tar"
out: The full log is at /var/log/foreman-installer/katello.log
VERIFIED With sat62-snap6
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.