First, there is no "mrtg" section under bugzilla. Please make a "mrtg"
section and move this bug there.
Second, mrtg is totally hosed under RH6.2.
Install a fresh RH6.2 system and install mrtg and watch root's e-mail for
errors. To fix those:
ln -s ../BER.pm
ln -s ../SNMP_SESSION.pm
ln -s ../SNMP_util.pm
Then, once those are fixed, mrtg is complaining that "locales_mrtg.pm" is
missing. I checked:
used "locate" and couldn't find it on the machine or in the package list
for the rpm. So, this file (and possibly more) is/are missing from the
Does anyone even check or test these packages?
NOTE: I'm a recent convert from debian (forced to by management), and I'm
really unimpressed. rpmfind hangs, tons of links from redhat.com are
invalid (404 missing), bugzilla seems like it's not even being used, ...
If this continues, I'm going back to debian and convincing others to do
- Steven Webb (firstname.lastname@example.org)
OK. I sent you a SRPM with some changes to mrtg so that files aren't moved
around after the installation of the package. Is it working for you?
I copied locales_mrtg.pm from a previous mrtg version. Works so far. But you
Redhat please really test RPM before they're shipped? Banana |products remind me
to some company at Redmont.
BTW, the bug also concerns the sparc platform. I'd assume all platforms.
I just forgot, if I understand policies right changing /etc/crontab by install
script is deprecated; /etc/cron.d was invented instead.
I found the bug and a cure for it:
the spec file forgets to include the files inside "translate"
furthermore the whole package doesn't work cause it cant find the perl modules
My cure is to move the files which are installed
into "/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl" plus the files in "translate" (which are in the
tarfile) into "/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/mrtg"
and adding "-I /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/mrtg" to the first line
in "/usr/bin/mrtg" which invokes perl.
for a detailed step-by-step walk-through see the thread MRTG in the cartman
mailinglist, I posted as "The Black Goeroe".
Thats all folks...
OK. The problems should be resolved in mrtg-2.8.12-5 (in rawhide soon).
Thanks for your help.