Description of problem:
xorg-x11-drivers should bring xorg-x11-drv-opentegra by default on arm and aarch64
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. yum install xorg-x11-drivers.armv7hl
no opentegra driver
xorg-x11-drv-opentegra should be installed
- This is a new driver: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1122713
- opentegra is automatically selected with f21 and later (support OutputClass)
- It is already compatible with rootless X
- opentegra is mandatory in my case (tegra20 paz00/trimslice/jetson-tk1) as fbdev or modesetting driver don't work with theses devices.
So there is no alternatives for the related devices.
- The cma kernel boot option might need to be raised. cma=64M is the kernel default value upstream but fedora kernel is lower (cma=16M)
Created attachment 943795 [details]
Add xorg-x11-drv-opentegra by default
FYI the related bodhi update
Thanks for your work on opentegra support. I'm preparing an update adding the necessary Requires to the xorg-x11-drivers packahe for F-21+ now.
xorg-x11-drivers-7.7-12.fc21 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 21.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 21 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing xorg-x11-drivers-7.7-12.fc21'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
xorg-x11-drivers-7.7-12.fc21 has been pushed to the Fedora 21 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.