Description of problem:
public vips not populated during HA deployment
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Rhel-osp-installer A1 release
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Assign the hosts during deployment, select hosts -->edit-->Network and scroll down to the NICs to see if the IPs have been populated
Occassionally the NICs are blank with no subnet or IPs assigned
All the NICs and virtual NICs should have been assigned appropriate subnet and IPs/VIPs
This is a blocker since the right subnet has to be assigned to each NIC or virtual NIC. Manual assignment may cause mismatch will result in deployment to fail.
Could you re-test this on an A2 build? Some things have changed around this and this would minimize the chances of us trying to chase something down that's no longer an issue. If you can reproduce this on an A2 build, I'd like to poke around and see what's going on there myself.
The IP is listed on the NICs, but the subnet isn't specified (except for the primary interface).
Some more information and steps:
* Create HA deployment
* create subnets
* assign public_api and/or management and/or private_api to a subnet that is *not* default/provisioning
* discover hosts (at least 3 for controllers)
* assign 1 host to controller role
* open the details of that host -> you'll see the vips in the network tab which are all assigned correctly
* assign other hosts to controller role
-> vips are still correct
* configure nics on all the controller hosts
* assign the networks (including the vip networks)
* check the host with the vips again (it will have the vip's wiped)
Should be fixed by: https://github.com/theforeman/staypuft/pull/353
The subnet is specified on all interfaces with IP except for the interface from the subnet with the external role assigned to it.
PR available: https://github.com/theforeman/staypuft/pull/360
The issue didn't reproduce - all the VIPs are listed, and the subnet is shown.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.