Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 115291
Unable to install Redhat - Disc image 2 mediacheck fails
Last modified: 2007-04-18 13:02:42 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET
Description of problem:
Downloaded shrike-i386-disc2.iso at least 5 times from different
mirror sites and burned on CDR and CDRW.
Workstation install fails during packages install from CD2 (cannot
read Linux acrobat reader package)
Mediacheck for disc2 fails also everytime.
Mediacheck is ok for disc1 and disc3.
Tested on other drive (laptop) and mediacheck for disc2 + install
I have no other disc/media problems with my Toshiba SDR-5002 drive,
so i guess it's an addressing / DMA issue..
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Downloaded iso from Belgian, German, USA,.. mirror sites
2. Burned on CDR, CDRW with Nero 220.127.116.11 (Toshiba SDR-5002)
3. Retries installation and mediacheck couple of times
4. Mediacheck on different PC/Drive - works
5. Searched for same bug, found 102993 with same problem but closed
because of inactivity !
Actual Results: Installation unable to continue, system didn't boot
after failed installation.
Expected Results: Easy installation of Redhat 9 :-)
Different drives have different tolerances for the media they can
read. I'd recommend trying on a different type of media / burning at
a slower speed and it should help things.