Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 11570
Very few languages are enabled in Babel.
Last modified: 2013-07-02 18:54:18 EDT
Currently, tetex is built and shipped with only US english, french, german,
ngerman and italian uncommented in texmf/tex/generic/config/language.dat .
All but Italian were originally uncommented in the tetex distribution and
Italian is uncommented by teTeX-1.0-italian.patch that was added about a
Why not uncomment all the language definitions? You ship all the necessary
support files with teTeX anyway, so you do not save much(may be almost
nothing at all) by running initex with most of the languages commented out.
However for the user, to re-run initex to have the language included and
pack it back into the RPMs is a major project which takes a while even on a
fast machine (and forever on a slow one).
P.S. Right now there is the following line for Russian there:
%russian ruhyphen.tex % note: edit ruhyphen.tex for your encoding!
In addition to uncommenting it (BTW, do not worry about encoding, the
default one is good enough), could you also add the following line:
It creates a language definition that allows one to write a mixed
English-Russian document without having to switch between languages (is
uses English hyphenation for words typed using Latin letters and Russian
hyphenation for words typed using Cyrillic letters).
All languages are enabled (including enrus) in tetex-1.0.7-9. Drop me
note if you'ld be willing to test.
Oops, I have to back pedal, as adding all the languages exceeds the default
of tex. I managed to get russian enabled, but not enrus, apologies.
Tried it in 7.1, works fine. Thanks!
This is still a problem in FC3
Ok, I enabled all languages in texmf/tex/generic/config/language.dat and am
currently testing whether teTeX survives that.
Looks good. Applied.
Rahul: The update is not released yet as I want to ship more fixes in an update
at once because of about 100MB of rpms that are needed to be dowloaded when a new
update is released.
Ok. Thanks for the update.
Fedora Core 3 is now maintained by the Fedora Legacy project for security
updates only. If this problem is a security issue, please reopen and
reassign to the Fedora Legacy product. If it is not a security issue and
hasn't been resolved in the current FC5 updates or in the FC6 test
release, reopen and change the version to match.
The FC3 update has been pushed some time ago already. I just forgot to close this.