Description of problem:
When you create a composite content view, you need to update it separated from the CV of which it consits, what is not obvious
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
6.0.6 (not available to choose yet)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create 2 CV (i.e. one of them Puppet)
2. Create a composite one included two before
3. Update one of the CV
The Composite CV does not reflect the changes, even if the Puppet CV is set to lastest version
Composite CV is updated with the new versions.
As an alternative:
- A message is shown saying "This CV is part of a Composite CV, you need to update the latest too"
As the preferred option:
- You can choose in Composite CV either a version number or "Latest". In that last case it is automatically refreshed when a new version of the underlying content view is promoted, if you choose a number that version is kept in the composite.
Due to the fact that you can only assign one CV to a system, this mechanism would allow simpler management of the CV.
- I generate a CV for Basic RHEL
- I generate a CV for Puppet, this promotes very quickly compared to the former, and I can version it without having to update the former (good to know what I am doing and when)
- I generate another CV for syncrhoniziation of my own packages, again lifecycle of this is complete separated from the others.
- I add all of them into a Composite Content View and assign it to hosts. Whenever I do a change in some CV it is automatically reflected. If I want to keep functionality as of today I just choose one specific version for each underlying CV
Since this issue was entered in Red Hat Bugzilla, the release flag has been
set to ? to ensure that it is properly evaluated for this release.
Per 6.3 planning, moving out non acked bugs to the backlog
There is a very similar request in bug 1177766. Since that request has multiple requests associated to it, I am going to close this one as a duplicate. If possible, please follow that bugzilla. Thanks!
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1177766 ***