Description of problem: Nova launch instance from Horizon, if glance image has --min-disk set insufficient flavors are filtered out. When launching from a snapshot with --min-disk set, flavors aren't filtered out, they all show up even flavors with insufficient disk size.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Upload an image to glance, set --min-disk to say 20G
2. Try to launch an instance from within horizon from that image, notice tiny flavor is grayed out.
3. From the booted instance above create a snapshot
4. Edit that snapshot #glance image-update snapID --min-disk 20
5. From horizon boot an instance from the snapshot, notice you can select any flavor including tiny which should have been grayed out as in the case of image on step 2.
Tiny flavor isn't filtered from Horizon launch instance page.
As in the case of image if --min-disk is set any flavor with insufficient disk space should be grayed out.
If this happens to --min-disk it might also happen with --min-ram.
Moving to python-django-horizon as I do not believe there is a Nova bug here.
when using snapshots (volume or image), flavors are currently not filtered.
Upstream refactored the whole section there, backporting might be trickier.
However, when trying to launch such an instance providing a flavor too small, launch fails with an error message: e.g.:
Flavor's memory is too small for requested image.
The launch instance dialogue will see a major change in kilo release. I would expect this to be fixed then.
Unfortunately, for technical reasons, there will be no backport.
moving to 8, it will probably move to new launch ui
Fixed upstream, backport to mitaka in progress https://review.openstack.org/#/c/335026/
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.