1. Proposed title of this feature request
- Request for systemd --user functionality
2. Who is the customer behind the request?
TAM customer: no
SRM customer: no
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
- Request to be able to manage services as a non-root user
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
- Ability to run the application as non-root allows the admin to not to share the root password with application admin.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
- Utilize systemd --user functionality, this is broken in RHEL 7 but previous versions of RHEL supported it.
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
- Within 3 months if possile
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
- systemd, dbus
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
No, "systemd --user" is not fully implemented yet, not even upstream, the D-Bus hookup is incomplete and not thought to the end. THis is not material at all for RHEL7, if we haven't figured out the details upstream yet either.
Sorry, but this is RHEL8 material, not RHEL7 material.