Description of problem:
When we try to generate WSDL from Java and the project building is in progress, the wizard blocks the whole IDE since it is waiting for background operations to complete.
There are two possible solutions:
* Allow a user to cancel the WSDL generating
* If the process detects that it cannot be executed, just pop up an info message about that and do not open the wizard for generating WSDL
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
JBDS 8.0.1.GA + JBDSIS 8.0.0.Beta2a (contains SwitchYard 2.0.0.v20141219-2309-H527-Beta1)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Import many projects (so that the build takes some time)
2. Select Project > Clean
3. Wait until the workspace starts building
4. Now, try to generate WSDL file from any Java interface (the workspace is still building, ensure that there is a running job at the right bottom corner)
This is an edge case, it won't make 6.2 release.
Pretty sure this happens to me all the time, not just when generating a WSDL file. The tooling always seems to be waiting for workspace build before you can do anything significant. What should we write about it?
Perhaps I should make that clearer by saying that this issue is not only about waiting on background processes but the problem here is that there is no red button to terminate current process (usually the red button is available and enabled).
If you see other wizards which block the IDE and there's no way how to cancel them then probably it is a bug which should be reported.
Have you encountered such wizards? If yes, please let us know about them.
Oh, I see, Andrej. Thank you for clarifying. No, I haven't encountered this behavior before.
This is definitely an edge case and the IDE doesn't hangs immediately (after 5th cycle the response of the IDE is slower and slower).
This is very uncommon use case and was discovered by our test ;-)
Marked as requires_doc_text+ to go into release notes for 6.2.
Len, please review the Doc Text.