This service will be undergoing maintenance at 00:00 UTC, 2017-10-23 It is expected to last about 30 minutes
Bug 118197 - Segmentation fault in sa-learn
Segmentation fault in sa-learn
Status: CLOSED WONTFIX
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: spamassassin (Show other bugs)
1
i386 Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Chip Turner
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2004-03-13 05:06 EST by Adam Huffman
Modified: 2007-11-30 17:10 EST (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2004-05-21 19:37:53 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)
Debug output of crashing sa-learn (with mail address censored) (6.88 KB, text/plain)
2004-03-13 05:10 EST, Adam Huffman
no flags Details

  None (edit)
Description Adam Huffman 2004-03-13 05:06:11 EST
Description of problem:
Noticing that spamassassin didn't seem to be checking some incoming
mail at all, I moved that mail to a separate folder and ran sa-learn
on it.  Sa-learn appears to be crashing when processing some of these
messages.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
2.63-0.2

How reproducible:
Every time

Steps to Reproduce:
1. run sa-learn on a folder of spam
2.
3.
  
Actual results:
sa-learn crashes with a segmentation fault

Expected results:
sa-learn processes the messages

Additional info:
Comment 1 Adam Huffman 2004-03-13 05:10:18 EST
Created attachment 98509 [details]
Debug output of crashing sa-learn (with mail address censored)
Comment 2 Warren Togami 2004-05-20 04:21:28 EDT
It would really help for the developers to debug and fix this if you
can attach an isolated mbox file that causes the crash.  See if you
can cut pieces out that are unrelated to the crash, as well as
anything for privacy reasons.
Comment 3 Adam Huffman 2004-05-21 03:54:53 EDT
I did talk with a couple of developers on IRC.  In the end, I deleted
my SA installation and started from scratch.  That seems to have
solved the problem.  It's likely that the Bayesian database had become
corrupted.

Mail was becoming unusable again so I couldn't wait any longer for a fix.

If this reappears, I'll reopen the bug.  

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.