Description of problem:
when a volume has a brick down, but the other bricks are online the UI does not provide the admin with a start force option to bring the brick process back up. This means the admin has to logon to one of the nodes to issue the start from the CLI. In the hyperconverged use case, CLI level interaction is undesireable and problems like these should be resolved in the UI.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. create a volume
2. kill a brick
3. start option is greyed out.
unable to get the brick process back online from the UI
a start for a volume in degraded should be allowed, to force missing processes to restart.
Moved it to ON_QA the patch is already merged and in 3.6 but I missed it accidentlly
How is it ON_QA for 4.0 already? (see target milestone and target release fields)
@Yaniv, my apologies, this was wrongly moved on_qa as the patch was merged.
Verified and works fine with build ovirt-engine-188.8.131.52-0.1.el7ev.noarch.
Tested the following scenarios:
1) Kill one brick and start force from UI.
2) Kill two or more bricks and start force from UI.
3) start force all the volumes where some of the bricks are down.
4) start button gets enabled only when volume is stopped/ some of the bricks in the volume are down.
Attaching the screenshot for the same.
Created attachment 1190047 [details]
volume start force option