Description of problem:
New "Map control-alt-del shortcut to ctrl+alt+end" is causing 2 issues:
1) users are used to use standard ctrl+alt+del so they complain this is suddenly not working anymore
2) users with igel.de thinclients run an old version of spice plugin from 2011 as vendor did not release a firmware with functional an recent spice plugin. on these clients users can't log in at all as they get the following error from userportal as long as ctrl+alt+del is mapped:
internal error: (code 1032)
For large deployments, we are not able to mass disable this option since it's not controlled over API or database.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Please provide a way to mass disable/enable the console option "Map control-alt-del shortcut to ctrl+alt+end".
Will not make it to 3.5. re-targeting to 3.6 for consideration.
will create a global VdcOption config with a default
there is a global setting which can be used.
I doesn't seem to work well. It looks like only global configuration is reflected in produced vv file.
Tested on rhevm 3.6.0-15.
For RemapCtrlAltDelDefault set to false (and ovirt-engine service restart),
For new/existing VM, with SPICE console, the console options still have the
"Map control-alt-del shortcut to ctrl+alt+end" check box marked with "V"
Tested on current 3.6 branch, commit cf4f923
It seems to work as expected.
If I understand it correctly there is no problem with Console Options dialog setting correspondence to real behavior but rather that the global engine option doesn't match the Console Options. Maybe following description can make intended behavior clear:
There are two levels of remapping control:
1. The global engine option
2. Custom setting per vm stored in browser local storage that overrides the global option.
So if the setting for particular vm was never stored in browser (by confirming Console Options dialog) then global setting is respected. Otherwise it follows per browser and vm custom setting.
Can we now consider it working?
Retested it on 2 rhevm 3.6.0-15 setups, and it works OK:
1. Set RemapCtrlAltDelDefault to 'false' & ovirt-engine service restart.
2. Create new VM, with SPICE console
3. Goto Console Options - see that "Map control-alt-del shortcut to
ctrl+alt+end" check box is empty, as expected. Also checked inside VM console,
no response/reboot following ctrl+alt+end.
probably missed to do the ovirt-engine restart, when tested it before.
Moving to verified.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.