Description of problem:
When nano displays a file locking warning the PID shown is incorrect.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. nano an exising file
2. in another terminal tab, nano the same file
3. Note the PID displayed in the lock warning message
4. in another terminal, do a "pgrep -a nano"
The PID of the first nano does not match the PID displayed in the warning message.
The PID of the nano holding the lock should match the PID displayed in the warning message.
Thank you for reporting the bug! I have proposed a fix for this upstream:
fixed in nano-2.3.6-6.fc22
nano-2.3.4-6.fc21 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 21.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 21 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing nano-2.3.4-6.fc21'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
nano-2.3.4-6.fc21 has been pushed to the Fedora 21 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.