Description of problem:
I have a Davicom ethernet card with DM9102AF chip. Linux detects it,
the dmfe driver is loaded but it simlply dosn't work. If I set it
an ethernet adress and try to ping another box then by using ethereal
from that box I see the ARP requests coming from the PC with Davicom
card but the later doesn't seem to get the replies. Now I ping the
box with the Davicom I get a destination unreachable.
Now if I switch the Davicom to 10 Mbps it works fine. It is not a
cable problem since if I use another 100Mbps card it will work and
throughput clearly shows it is working at 100Mnps. It is not a config
problem since I don't change it when I switch the speed of the card or
when I switch cards.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install card
3. Try to reach another box or to be reached by it
Card only works at 10 Mbps
This is supposed to be a 100 Mbps
Bug is also presnt in the 2.6.1 kernel shipped in Fedora Core 2 Test1.
Thanks for the bug report. However, Red Hat no longer maintains this version of
the product. Please upgrade to the latest version and open a new bug if the problem
The Fedora Legacy project (http://fedoralegacy.org/) maintains some older releases,
and if you believe this bug is interesting to them, please report the problem in
the bug tracker at: http://bugzilla.fedora.us/