Created attachment 985747 [details]
Description of problem:
On the attempt of installing a packstack --allinone or multinode deployment packstack fails with a error from mariadb when the config_ironic_install flag is set to enabled.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
RHEL 7 which is subscribed to the rhos-release repos.
[root@localhost ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.0 (Maipo)
[root@localhost ~]# uname -r
Install RHEL7 and install the latest version of openstack-packstack, then
generate a answer file, which in turn will be edited to enable the installation of IRONIC.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install RHEL7 server
2. yum install openstack-packstack
3. packstack --gen-answer-file answer.txt
4. vi / emac answer.txt ( set CONFIG_IRONIC_INSTALL = y )
5. packstack --answer-file answer.txt
ding post install manifest entries [ DONE ]
Installing Dependencies [ DONE ]
Copying Puppet modules and manifests [ DONE ]
192.168.122.160_prescript.pp: [ DONE ]
192.168.122.160_amqp.pp: [ DONE ]
192.168.122.160_mariadb.pp: [ ERROR ]
Applying Puppet manifests [ ERROR ]
ERROR : Error appeared during Puppet run: 192.168.122.160_mariadb.pp
Error: Puppet::Parser::AST::Resource failed with error ArgumentError: Could not find declared class ironic::db::mysql at /var/tmp/packstack/671428e9eb044da59c9aa2f83b2af47c/manifests/192.168.122.160_mariadb.pp:86 on node localhost.rdu.redhat.com
You will find full trace in log /var/tmp/packstack/20150129-143118-9BppQU/manifests/192.168.122.160_mariadb.pp.log
Please check log file /var/tmp/packstack/20150129-143118-9BppQU/openstack-setup.log for more information
* Time synchronization installation was skipped. Please note that unsynchronized time on server instances might be problem for some OpenStack components.
* Warning: NetworkManager is active on 192.168.122.160. OpenStack networking currently does not work on systems that have the Network Manager service enabled.
* File /root/keystonerc_admin has been created on OpenStack client host 192.168.122.160. To use the command line tools you need to source the file.
* To access the OpenStack Dashboard browse to http://192.168.122.160/dashboard .
Please, find your login credentials stored in the keystonerc_admin in your home directory.
* To use Nagios, browse to http://192.168.122.160/nagios username: nagiosadmin, password: 378f8fd8f9b24a79
$ ls /usr/share/openstack-puppet/modules/
You won't find the Ironic module since it hasn't been added to the master branch of OPM, but rather master patches. All the code for it has been merged upstream so I suppose it should be in the master branch now?
Ryan should there be a seperate directory listing for the module as I see a ironic.pp file under nova.
[root@localhost modules]# pwd
[root@localhost modules]# find . -name "ironic*" -type f
Yes. That's what I'm saying. The Ironic puppet module was not added to the master branch of OPM so only other pieces of it show up like the Ironic additions to the Nova module. Since the everything has been merged upstream, I thought OPM's master branch would grab the upstream Ironic module and put it into the master branch.
The Ironic module was added to the master branch this won't occur anymore.
re-adding pm and qa acks
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.