Bugzilla will be upgraded to version 5.0 on a still to be determined date in the near future. The original upgrade date has been delayed.
Bug 119199 - Bugzilla "Product" and "Product version" disappear after updating a bug
Bugzilla "Product" and "Product version" disappear after updating a bug
Product: Bugzilla
Classification: Community
Component: Bugzilla General (Show other bugs)
All Linux
medium Severity medium (vote)
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: David Lawrence
David Lawrence
Depends On:
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2004-03-26 04:31 EST by Mike A. Harris
Modified: 2007-04-18 13:04 EDT (History)
0 users

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Last Closed: 2004-07-12 08:16:13 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---

Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Mike A. Harris 2004-03-26 04:31:51 EST
Once in a while when I update a bug report, in particular when it
changes from one component to another, when bugzilla updates
the screen with your changes, the updated page, showing as:


... no longer shows the "Product" and "Product version" fields.

If I click on the bug ID link to refresh the bug display, the
fields come back.  It seems like a display bug in the code
from process_bug.cgi or something perhaps.
Comment 1 David Lawrence 2004-03-29 13:47:02 EST
Can you post a screen shot? Thanks!
Comment 2 Mike A. Harris 2004-03-29 17:14:24 EST
Ok, it doesn't seem to happen every time, so I'll leave this bug
open in a window, and make a screeny when I see it again.

Comment 3 Mike A. Harris 2004-03-30 03:57:56 EST
Ok, one case where I've confirmed the problem does not occur, is
when adding a comment to a bug filed against Fedora Core devel,
while simultaneously modifying the "component" field.

I'll add more results as I continue testing to try and narrow the
problem case down.
Comment 4 Mike A. Harris 2004-07-12 08:16:13 EDT
I havent' seen this problem for a while now.  Not sure if that means
it was fixed, or if it means I haven't hit the sequence of events
that it needs in order to trigger.  I guess I'll close it for now
as "WORKSFORME", and if it happens again, I will try to come up with
a specific series of steps that can reproduce it 100% and reopen
with details.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.