From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3.1; Linux)
Description of problem:
- HP Pavilion ze5600.
- Modelnumber: ze5611ea
- memory: 512
- video: radeon igp 345m (32 MB shared from the 512 MB)
- harddisk: ST94011A
- DVD CDRom RW: Sony DVD+RW DW-P50a
- Thirst partition is FAT. System Commander 7.05 is installed on this partition.
- Second partion is EXT2
- Partion 3 is Swap
- Partition 4 is an extended partition, containing NTFS partitions, containing W2k.
Installing Fedora Core1
- No GNOME, selected KDE
- Selected some additional tools
Using manual partioning
- GRUB is not installed in hda, but in the second partition
Everything seems to be OK, except that the videocard doesn't seem to be recognized; while installing a line appears that is will use vesa (generic)
- click on details
- There is this moment that it tries to initialize the local disks
--- this circling circle with dots is circling for a while.
--- after +/- 7 seconds, the system freezes up. Cannot move mouse. Nothing happens. Have to use power button to turn pc off/on. Circle with dots is als frozen.
Tried a couple of things. Prior to trying something new, always did a format of the partitions
- Force LBA32 while installing.
- entering setup of PC and disable 32 bit access of harddisk
- Force lba32 + entering setup of PC and disable 32 bit access of harddisk
- linux nofb
Anyone an idea?
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Actual Results: System is dead. Wil not boot after install
Expected Results: Boot........
Is Fedora Core current version (FC2 or FC2test1) still exhibit
the problem ?
Remove the rhgb option from the grub command line to work
around the rhgb problem if it still exists.
No news on this for more than 8 months and 2 fedora core releases,
I think we can safely close this bug now.