Created attachment 992265 [details]
result of `eclipse -consolelog -debug -clean >& log`
Description of problem:
After installing m2e from eclipse or from yum, the maven features are not enabled, such as [main menu]>import maven project or [project menu]>configure>convert to maven project
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Luna SR1 (4.4.1)
Install Eclipse then from menu; Install new Software:m2e
Install eclipse, then from yum, install eclipse-m2e*
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Eclipse
2. Install m2e (either using install new software, or using yum)
maven integration is not available in normal mode
and when running eclipse using the command:
eclipse -consolelog -debug -clean >& log
then maven integration visible on the menu but functionality is not available
I have followed the instrutions on :
Not reproducible for me - M2E works fine on F21. I'll need additional information to solve this problem.
1) First I need to see if you have the following packages installed and what exact versions. Please provide output of the following command:
$ rpm -q log4j log4j12 eclipse-m2e-core eclipse-platform
2) While we're at there it may be useful to check if there are no dangling symlinks. Please provide output of the following command:
$ for p in $(find /usr/share/eclipse/dropins -type l); do [[ -e "$p" ]] || echo "$p"; done
That's expected result so it doesn't help much. But I'll try to investigate that.
Mixing rpm and update sites installations leads to weird problems from time to time. WOuld you please try rm -fr ~/.eclipse and try again with the eclipse-m2e rpm.
it my understanding is correct, the following actions done:
$ cp -r ~/.eclipse ~/.eclipse.bck
$ rm -rf ~/.eclipse
$ sudo yum install eclipse-m2e-plexus
$ rpm -q eclipse-m2e-core
Also, please find in attachment:
- error.ui: contains error message received from eclipse GUI when clicking on [project menu]>[maven]>[update project] or any m2e actions
- log: output of command: $ eclipse -consolelog -debug -clean >& log
- tmp.diff: diff file performed before removing .eclipse (command from fedora-eclipse page)
- tmp.diff.2: diff file performed after removing .eclipse
Created attachment 992845 [details]
different output files that could be helpful for the analysis
Is there any follow up on this yet unsolved issue please?
No progress for now and I'm not sure how to proceed as this is not reproducible for me.
OK, what is the correct and safest way to install m2e plugin? 1) yum , 2) eclipse install new software 3) drop into eclipse plugin folder?
Unless the software is not actually available in any repository, I would recommend you only install software with "yum install"
(I.e. we can fix software that is distributed with Fedora much quicker than we can fixes into upstream projects.)
I tried reproducing this in two other ways, but no success.
1. eclipse-m2e-smoke-test: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=9278532
Result: all m2e bundles are resolved, no problems found.
2. New machine installed with Anaconda:
virt-install --name reproducer-rhbz1193146 --ram 1024 --disk size=10 --location http://ftp.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/fedora/linux/releases/21/Server/x86_64/os/ --extra-args ks=https://mizdebsk.fedorapeople.org/ks/reproducer-rhbz1193146
Result: m2e works
This problem is not reproducible, so closing this bug report. If you have reproducer then feel free to reopen it.
I uninstalled everything, re-installed then updated to eclipse-platform-4.4.2-2 then installed eclipse-m2e-core-1.5.0-13.1.fc21.noarch and it seems to work now!
Thank you for your time.