Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 119418
cups lpstat reports no timestamp after European daylight time change
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:07:01 EST
Description of problem:
lpstat command reports no date/time for jobs in the queue
Last Sunday (28 March) there was a daylight time begin in Europe.
Since then, my cups print queues fail to show timestamps for queued
jobs, when I list them with lpstat -o
Before the time zone change, the listing was correct.
I have no TZ environment variable set on RHEL 3.
The 'date' command works correct, it shows (just now)
Tue Mar 30 10:35:32 CEST 22004
I have also looked into the source code of cups::lpstat.c and see that
jobdate = localtime(&jobtime);
strftime(date, sizeof(date), CUPS_STRFTIME_FORMAT, jobdate);
where CUPS_STRFTIME_FORMAT = "%c"
I wrote a little C sample program, making just the same calls
with current time, and get correct output
strftime Tue Mar 30 10:35:36 2004
I assume if I would recompile cups1.1.20 and replace the installed
redhat version with it, it would work again - I have not tried that
as I would prefer to stick with the redhat supported version of cups.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
always, on RHEL 3.0 and also on my home desktop, Redhat Linux 9 with
Steps to Reproduce:
1. run a Redhat system in Central european time
2. submit jobs to a cups queue, with the queue disabled
3. list the jobs with lpstat -o
no timestamp is printed, some random characters appears instead.
a proper date/time for the job submission
After observing the problem, I tried restarting cupsd, and also
rebooting RHEL. It does not help.
The lsiting of job queues with the cups web interface shows correct
job timestamps. The problem is only with 'lpstat'
PS: in /etc/syconfig/clock I have
A fix has been applied and I hope to get the updated package in Update 3.
Good to hear.
Would you mind letting me know what the problem was, and what the fix
Created attachment 98959 [details]
Here is the fix.
Fix confirmed with cups-1.1.17-13.3.12. Closing out.
An errata has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on the solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.