Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 119440
HTTP-proxy setting is grayed in configuration window while is enabled
Last modified: 2012-06-20 12:11:34 EDT
Description of problem:
rhn-applet uses proxy setting from it's configuration file but when
you try to check this setting by using GUI you see cleared checkbox
and grayed value for http proxy setting.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Setup Fedora Core 2 Test 1
2. echo httpProxy=172.30.0.4:3128 > ~/.rhn-applet.conf
4. Right-click on the icon and choose "Configuration..."
5. Click Next twice
Grayed out value of httpProxy
httpProxy field available for edit
The same bug is present in my system.
Operating system: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 WorkStation (32-bit)
rhn-applet version: 2.1.22-4
There is a value for httpProxy present in ~/.rhn-applet.conf. This value is
preserved throughout everything. And it is present in the "HTTP Proxy" box in
the Configure part of rhn-applet.
The effect of this problem is to stop me from being able to update. Specifically:
1. I right-click on the RHN Applet tray icon. When the context menu comes up, I
2. I click "Next" until reaching the Proxy setup. I then turn the proxy on. I
don't need to change the contents of the field.
3. When finished, I click "Next" and "Apply". This will check Red Hat and let me
know if there are any updates.
4. If I then go back to "Configure" again, it has disabled the proxy option.
This also seems to prevent checking for updates. As I am behind a proxy server,
then, in default of being able to connect to the server, it simply says "no new
updates found" and gives me the blue tick, even if updates are available.
Is a fix for rhn-applet (or whichever of its supporting packages is broken)
available, or another fix that I can implement locally?
Thank you for submitting this issue for consideration in Red Hat Enterprise Linux. The release for which you requested us to review is now End of Life.
Please See https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata/
If you would like Red Hat to re-consider your feature request for an active release, please re-open the request via appropriate support channels and provide additional supporting details about the importance of this issue.