Description of problem:
Content hosts -> Errata tab: Add helptext to inform Applicable errata cannot be applied
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Upload a manifest, sync a repo (with errata)
2. Create multiple environments say Library -> QE
3. Create content view (cv3) and make sure Library has more errata than QE environment
4. Register a content host to QE environment
Go to Content host -> Errata tab
- 1. Select Current Environment (QE/cv3) - shows 'Installable errata'.
- 2. Select Previous Environment (Library/cv3) - shows 'Applicable errata'
- 3. Select Library Synced Content - shows 'Applicable errata'
For scenarios 2 and 3 above, I am not able to actually install errata as part of Incremental updates. I learnt later that Incremental Updates can be applied only from Content -> 'Errata'
For scenarios 2 and 3 above, make it obvious to the user that these are not installed by
- Adding clear help text that this is view only and install of these errata can be done only from Content -> Errata page.
- greying out errata selection options
and anything else which is necessary
Created redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/9670 from this bug
Moving to POST since upstream bug http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/9670 has been closed
Applied in changeset commit:katello|e077aa1b15c639a98f2ae9e8e59007ebd5f55a5b.
Now when I select applicable errata in content host -> errata tab, I see the following:
Some of the Errata shown below may not be installable as they are not in this Content Host's Content View and Lifecycle Environment. In order to apply such Errata an Incremental Update is required. Click here to select Errata for an Incremental Update.
This bug is slated to be released with Satellite 6.1.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.