Description of problem:
Provisioning of RHEL-7.1/s390x using Satellite 5.7 fails when the installation is starting.
The installation fails because of wrong parameters on the kernel command line:
"ip" without any value is refused by dracut
this parameter must not be present on the kernel command line when installing RHEL-7 on s390x.
Created boot record in /etc/zipl.conf contains:
parameters="ksdevice=link lang= CMSDASD=191 ip RUNKS=1 root=/dev/ram0 ks=http://something1.redhat.com/cblr/svc/op/ks/system/something2.redhat.com:1 ramdisk_size=40000 CMSCONFFILE=r7.conf text vnc ro kssendmac "
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Red Hat Satellite release 5.7.0
always on s390x
Steps to Reproduce:
1. create a kickstart for provisioning RHEL-7.1
2. enter "CMSDASD=191 CMSCONFFILE=r7.conf" to the "Kernel Options" field under Kickstart Details -> Details (this is where the network and disk configuration is stored on our systems)
3. provision an s390x system using the kickstart
wrong kernel command line, system fails to install
successful installation, "ip" and "root=/dev/ram0" are not present on the installation kernel command line
* "root=/dev/ram0" has been removed from the installation kernel command line in RHEL-7.0, see bug 796572
* "root=/dev/ram0" is a valid parameter for RHEL-6 and earlier
Workaround is to remove "ip" and "root=/dev/ram0" from /etc/zipl.conf and run "zipl" before rebooting to start the installation.
removed in spacewalk master:
fixed in spacewalk master:
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.