Description of problem:
foreman_scap_client config file doesn't get configured with policy unless it is assigned at host level.
1) Create a OSCAP policy and assign it to Host-Group.
2) Register a client/host with the sat6 as puppet client. [ requires 'puppet agent -t' run for this Host to be visible under satellite6. ]
3) After the HOST is visible, Now we need to update the Host, with
a) a Host-Group
4) Now running the 'puppet agent -t' on the Host, configures the foreman_scap_client config file with port and server info only,
5) but not the policy info unless we assign the policy to the "Hosts" using the "Select Action" button and choosing the "Assign Compliance policy" option.
6) Having associated OSCAP policy to Host-group, step 5) shouldn't be required.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
sat6.1 beta snap5
Steps to Reproduce:
1. as mentioned in description.
policy info doesn't get configured for foreman_scap_client config file unless we assign the oscap policy to the "Hosts" using the "Select Action" button and choosing the "Assign Compliance policy" option.
Assigning the oscap policy to Host-Group and assigning Host-group to Host, should be enough.
Good catch. I think that's due to bad query when composing host enc yaml.
proposed upstream fix: https://github.com/OpenSCAP/foreman_openscap/pull/93
Created redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/9769 from this bug
Upstream merged. slukasik is releasing a new version.
Tried with Satellite-6.1.0-RHEL-7-20150324.0/snap8 and I am facing the same issue.
VERIFIED with Sat6.1 Beta RC3 build.
This bug is slated to be released with Satellite 6.1.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.