Description of problem:
RHEL 5 repositories do not fully sync to capsules. As a result, RHEL 5 content hosts that register to a satellite and attach an appropriate subscription are unable to consume any content.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Produced on a RHEL 7.0 server running Satellite-6.1.0-RHEL-7-20150303.0.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. On a satellite, sync a RHEL 5 repository. For example: "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server RPMs x86_64 5Server".
2. On that satellite, create a product which contains that repository.
3. Attach a capsule to that satellite.
4. Sync content to that capsule using a command such as `hammer capsule content synchronize ...`
5. Register a RHEL 5 content host to the capsule and attach an appropriate subscription to that content host. Attempt to list or consume content. Alternatively, check if the content has been made available with a command like this:
test -d /var/lib/pulp/published/yum/https/repos/Default_Organization/Library/content/dist/rhel/server/5; echo $?
The client is unable to consume content. Instead, errors like this are emitted:
[root@example ~]# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: product-id, security, subscription-manager
https://example.com/pulp/repos/Default_Organization/Library/content/dist/rhel/server/5/5Server/x86_64/os/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
repo id repo name status
rhel-5-server-rpms Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server (RPMs) 0
The client can consume content, or the relevant directory exists and is populated with content.
Unable to reproduce this issue. History of commands from a RHEL 5 client:
2 rpm -Uvh http://my-capsule.example.com/pub/katello-ca-consumer-latest.noarch.rpm
3 rm -f /etc/yum.repos.d/beaker*
4 yum clean all
5 subscription-manager register --org="Default_Organization" --activationkey="rhel5-oldfart"
6 yum list --available --all
7 subscription-manager --available --all
8 subscription-manager list --available --all
9 subscription-manager attach --pool 8a9084f14c0f5c9e014c0f6bb7bd009a
10 yum repolist
11 yum list | less
12 yum install zsh