Reviewed, most part looks nice for me.
One point I noticed is that there aren't spice-vdagent setups for RHEL.
I think RHEL with SPICE will be minor use case, priority can be low.
User may need to install spice-vdagent
- yum install spice-vdagent
When a user using GUI in RHEL, spice agent helps integrating guest OS and spice client.
For example, virt-manager's window is resized, X window's root window size will be resized to be same size. It helps smooth operations for GUI users.
Features from spice-vdagent README file:
* Client mouse mode (no need to grab mouse by client, no mouse lag)
this is handled by the daemon by feeding mouse events into the kernel
via uinput. This will only work if the active X-session is running a
spice-vdagent process so that its resolution can be determined.
* Automatic adjustment of the X-session resolution to the client resolution
* Support of copy and paste (text and images) between the active X-session
and the client. This supports both the primary selection and the clipboard.
* Support for transfering files from the client to the agent
* Full support for multiple displays using Xrandr, this requires a new
enough xorg-x11-drv-qxl driver, as well as a new enough host.
* Limited support for multiple displays using Xinerama, prerequisites:
* A new enough Xorg-server. For Fedora atleast Fedora-17, for RHEL-6 atleast
* A vm configured with multiple qxl devices
* A guest running the latest spice-vdagent
Then connect to the vm with the multiple monitor client which you want to
use it with using: "spicec --full-screen=auto-config" (or the user portal
equivalent). At this point the agent will write out a:
/var/run/spice-vdagentd/xorg.conf.spice file. With all the necessary magic
to get Xinerama working. Move this file to /etc/X11/xorg.conf, then kill
Xorg so that it will get restarted and you should be good to go.
* Limited support for setups with multiple Screens (multiple qxl devices each
mapped to their own screen), limitations:
-Max one monitor per Screen / qxl device
-All monitors / Screens must have the same resolution
-No client -> guest resolution syncing
It looks nice for me. Thanks,
OK! setting to verified! thanks so much