Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 120582
fail to display image with uppercase filename extension
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:40 EST
Description of problem:
gthumb in FC2 don't display image with uppercase extension
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
change a jpg file to test.JPG
Steps to Reproduce:
1.change extension to uppercase
3.fail to display test files
image don't show up
show up the files
I can get the images to display, but they can't be written (ie.
rotations don't save properly).
A more detailed scenario:
1. make test.JPG
2. open gthumb
3. try to rotate the image with the rotate toolbar button -> nothing
4. try to rotate with Image->Transform->Rotate Right
5. move to another image -> prompt for saving the image
6. click 'Save As'
7. keep same filename (with Image Type still at 'Determine by extension')
8. click OK -> prompt for overwriting same file
9. click Yes -> "Image type not supported: application/octet-stream"
If, at step 7, you change 'Image Type' to be JPEG (or whatever type
the image is), you still get the overwriting confirmation, but
afterwards a presented with the save options for that image type.
Seems to be fixed in current rawhide, but that's probably because of
some other upstream change. Marking UPSTREAM since the work here to
fix this had to have been done upstream (it wasn't done here).