Bug 1206520 - [ja_JP]: In Evolution, Japanese characters in e-mail subject appear garbled when printed to PDF.
Summary: [ja_JP]: In Evolution, Japanese characters in e-mail subject appear garbled w...
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED NOTABUG
Alias: None
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: evolution
Version: 26
Hardware: All
OS: Linux
high
high
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Milan Crha
QA Contact: Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2015-03-27 10:49 UTC by Bhushan Barve
Modified: 2018-02-22 09:01 UTC (History)
8 users (show)

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2018-02-22 09:01:36 UTC


Attachments (Terms of Use)
Japanese characters garbled in subject line. (71.92 KB, image/png)
2015-03-27 10:49 UTC, Bhushan Barve
no flags Details


Links
System ID Priority Status Summary Last Updated
WebKit Project 146541 None None None Never

Description Bhushan Barve 2015-03-27 10:49:40 UTC
Created attachment 1007169 [details]
Japanese characters garbled in subject line.

Description of problem: In Evolution, when an e-mail having subject in Japanese is printed to PDF, the Japanese characters in the subject line appear as garbled.
Also the Japanese equivalents for from, to and date appear garbled. This issue is not observed when e-mail is printed to .ps file. Please refer attached screen-shot. Some Japanese subject lines used- あいうえお, 区, ひらがなカタカナ漢字


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
F22
evolution-3.15.92-1.fc22.x86_64

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.Create an e-mail with subject having Japanese characters
2.choose print to pdf option
3.observe the pdf

Actual results:
Japanese characters in the subject are garbled.

Expected results:
Japanese characters should appear correctly.

Additional info:

Comment 1 Milan Crha 2015-03-30 17:23:16 UTC
Thanks for a bug report. I tried to reproduce it here, using your pasted Japanese characters from comment #0 into the composer's Subject line and then choosing File->Print preview, or File->Print->To file, PDF format and both show the text correctly. This is with git mater of evolution, but older WebKitGTK3, that is webkitgtk3-2.4.8-2.fc21.x86_64 here.

I tried with Fedora 22 too, I've there webkitgtk3 2.4.8-5 and I wasn't able to reproduce this initially, when I have evolution run in en_US language. Running evolution as:
   $ LANG=ja_JP.utf8 evolution
reproduces the issue, when calling File->Print Preview in Fedora 22. Trying the same in Fedora 21 doesn't reproduce the issue. I'd say, from that, that the problem is somewhere lease than in evolution, because I use basically the same code base in both Fedoras, only the (system) components (libraries) are different. The thing is that I do not know where the problem can be.

Comment 3 Bhushan Barve 2018-02-22 09:01:36 UTC
Checked with F27.
Not reproducible anymore.
Closing it.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.