Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 120887
Russian language support broken in KDE
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:40 EST
Description of problem:
Two problems :
1. When KDE is selected as a user session, the language is not
switched automatically according to the selection in the gdm language
box. User has to go to KDE control and manually select language there.
This applies not only to russian, but to any language.
2. When Russian language is manually selected in KDE control center
the fonts are displayed correctly only when in gdm screen English was
selected as a session language. If Russian is selected in both gdm
language box and in KDE control menus all russian letters are shown
as white boxes instead of actual fonts.
Same applies when you work in Russian-language gnome. When Russian is
selected for the gnome session, gnome apps are displayed correctly
with russian fonts, however all KDE programs don't show russian
letters at all only white boxes.
Those problems didn't appear in test1 release
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
0. Create new user.
1. Choose russian as a language for the session in the gdm login
screen. and KDE as session choice. Log on.
No russian menus and names appear.
2. Choose russian as a language in KDE control panel
3. Observe empty white boxes instead of russian language fonts
4. Choose Russian and Gnome in gdm logon screen. Log in.
5. Run any KDE application. Konqueror for example. Observe that no
russian letters are shown. White boxes instead of russian letters.
Bad Russian language support in KDE
Full Russian language support in KDE
it seems a bug in qt, which should be fixed in FC2. I cannot reproduce
this bug anymore. Thanks for your report.