Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 12147
MGA millenium1 2mb, DGA 1 doesn't work
Last modified: 2008-05-01 11:37:56 EDT
I've tried a few DGA 1 programs under XFree4.0 on a Matrox Millenium 1 (one
of the best supported cards) and they all didn't work.
(they we're xmame and snes9x)
Tried this again with Xfree-4.0-0.28 from the beta2/snapshot dir on gribble and
this still happens.
Still there in beta3
This defect is considered MUST-FIX for Winston Beta-5
I noticed that beta3 did defaults to the 3.3.6 server for my card, if things
will stay this way, this can be concidered a valid work around ;)
Although I would like to be able yo use 4.0 and play with multihead.
This defect has been re-classified as MUST-FIX for Winston Gold-release
I can't reproduce this here. xmame built against 4.0 runs on a 3.3.x server.
whoops, that comment was supposed to go on the other dga bug.
I believe you need to rebuild DGA things to have them
run against XFree4. I could be wrong, though.
Ignore that last comment. It's still 'notabug' though, in
that all the XFree4 drivers aren't fully functional yet.