Description of problem:
In F22, running requests.get in Python 2 returns garbled data. This problem doesn't seem to be present in upstream version 2.6.2, so it may be a solution to update to this version in both F22 and rawhide.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. python -c "import requests; print(requests.get('http://github.com').content[:10])"
v2.5.3 (F21 stable): No problem
v2.6.0 (F22 beta): Problem
v2.6.2 (upstream): No problem (tested in virtualenv)
The "Actual results" are non-printable Unicode characters. They apparently got sanitized by Bugzilla.
Known issue. Sorry about this. It has to do with chunked gzip encoding and:
1) is fixed in the requests 2.6.2 release but
2) requests 2.6.2 bundles an unreleased git snapshot copy of urllib3 but
3) the urllib3 guys seem unconvinced that its really fixed so they won't cut a matching release so
4) I need to package a git snapshot of urllib3 to get us working in rawhide and f22 again.
I thought the upstream release would be out by now, but apparently not. I'll work on that git snapshot today to get us all working again.
python-requests-2.6.2-1.fc22,python-urllib3-1.10.3-2.20150429git585983a.fc22 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 22.
python-urllib3-1.10.3-2.20150429git585983a.fc22, python-requests-2.6.2-1.fc22 has been pushed to the Fedora 22 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.