Bug 1223987 - WebUI: Changing release version in content host errored
Summary: WebUI: Changing release version in content host errored
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED ERRATA
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Satellite 6
Classification: Red Hat
Component: Candlepin
Version: 6.1.0
Hardware: Unspecified
OS: Unspecified
unspecified
high vote
Target Milestone: Unspecified
Assignee: Mike McCune
QA Contact: Corey Welton
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2015-05-21 21:25 UTC by sthirugn@redhat.com
Modified: 2019-09-25 20:50 UTC (History)
6 users (show)

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2016-07-27 09:15:46 UTC
Target Upstream Version:


Attachments (Terms of Use)
production.log error (18.73 KB, text/plain)
2015-05-21 21:25 UTC, sthirugn@redhat.com
no flags Details


Links
System ID Priority Status Summary Last Updated
Red Hat Product Errata RHBA-2016:1501 normal SHIPPED_LIVE Red Hat Satellite 6.2 Capsule and Server 2016-07-27 12:28:58 UTC

Description sthirugn@redhat.com 2015-05-21 21:25:18 UTC
Created attachment 1028432 [details]
production.log error

Description of problem:
WebUI: Changing release version in content host errored

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Sat 6.1 GA Snap 5

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to Hosts -> Content Host -> Select a Content Host -> Details Tab -> Change Release Version (I changed it from  blank to 7Server)

Actual results:
UI says Save successful but there was an error in production.log

Expected results:
No errors

Additional info:

Comment 3 Brad Buckingham 2015-05-22 15:15:57 UTC
Suresh, does the change get saved despite the error in the log?

Comment 4 sthirugn@redhat.com 2015-05-26 18:05:01 UTC
(In reply to Brad Buckingham from comment #3)
> Suresh, does the change get saved despite the error in the log?

Yes it gets saved.

Comment 5 Mike McCune 2015-06-02 04:26:53 UTC
if this gets saved and is only an error message, not a blocker.

Comment 6 Walden Raines 2015-07-10 15:30:17 UTC
This seems like it's a problem with candlepin?  If not please feel free to move back to katello.

Comment 7 Devan Goodwin 2015-08-12 18:47:36 UTC
This is just a fairly common situation being incorrectly logged as an error when it shouldn't be. 

Fixed already in candlepin 2.0, I'm not sure when this gets picked up though but I know Tom has been looking into it. In any case an error that is safe to ignore.

Comment 8 Tazim Kolhar 2015-11-23 08:57:48 UTC
VERIFIED:
# rpm -qa | grep foreman
hp-dl360g7-01.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com-foreman-proxy-1.0-1.noarch
foreman-release-1.11.0-0.develop.201511161350git860ef06.el7.noarch
foreman-vmware-1.11.0-0.develop.201511161350git860ef06.el7.noarch
foreman-debug-1.11.0-0.develop.201511161350git860ef06.el7.noarch
foreman-libvirt-1.11.0-0.develop.201511161350git860ef06.el7.noarch
foreman-selinux-1.11.0-0.develop.201510071426git6234447.el7.noarch
tfm-rubygem-foreman_hooks-0.3.9-1.el7.noarch
tfm-rubygem-hammer_cli_foreman_tasks-0.0.8-1.el7.noarch
tfm-rubygem-foreman_gutterball-0.0.1-3.el7.noarch
foreman-postgresql-1.11.0-0.develop.201511161350git860ef06.el7.noarch
hp-dl360g7-01.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com-foreman-proxy-client-1.0-1.noarch
tfm-rubygem-foreman_discovery-4.1.2-1.fm1_11.el7.noarch
foreman-1.11.0-0.develop.201511161350git860ef06.el7.noarch
foreman-ovirt-1.11.0-0.develop.201511161350git860ef06.el7.noarch
tfm-rubygem-hammer_cli_foreman_bootdisk-0.1.3-3.el7.noarch
foreman-proxy-1.11.0-0.develop.201511161424gitf24be74.el7.noarch
foreman-compute-1.11.0-0.develop.201511161350git860ef06.el7.noarch
tfm-rubygem-hammer_cli_foreman_docker-0.0.3-4.el7.noarch
hp-dl360g7-01.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com-foreman-client-1.0-1.noarch
tfm-rubygem-foreman_bootdisk-6.0.0-2.fm1_10.el7.noarch
tfm-rubygem-hammer_cli_foreman-0.4.0-1.201511111650gitdda13df.el7.noarch
foreman-gce-1.11.0-0.develop.201511161350git860ef06.el7.noarch
foreman-release-scl-1-1.el7.x86_64
tfm-rubygem-foreman_docker-1.4.1-2.fm1_10.el7.noarch
tfm-rubygem-foreman-tasks-0.7.6-1.fm1_10.el7.noarch

steps:
1. Go to Hosts -> Content Host -> Select a Content Host -> Details Tab -> Change Release Version (I changed it from  blank to 7Server)

No errors in production log

Comment 13 errata-xmlrpc 2016-07-27 09:15:46 UTC
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.

For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.

If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.

https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2016:1501


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.