Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 122517
Various installation documentation errors relating to .zip installs
Last modified: 2008-05-01 11:39:17 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)
Description of problem:
Using the installation guide at
encountered several errors and omissions when doing a .zip file
installation on windows:
1. "The servlet-version is required" in section 3.5 and 3.6.1 is too
vague. Eventually I realised I had to copy tomcat406
\common\lib\servlet.jar to c:\ccm\usr\share\java\servlet-2.3.jar.
2. Section 22.214.171.124 refers to "CCM_ZIP_ROOT\etc\ccm\ccm.webapp" but it
should be "CCM_ZIP_ROOT\etc\ccm\ccm.webapps". Note the missing "s"
at the end.
3. Example files would be very useful in section 126.96.36.199.
4. Section 6.2 refers to "CCM_ZIP_ROOT\etc\profile.d\ccm-init-
profile.cmd" which did not exist. I found the file in the bin
directory i.e. "CCM_ZIP_ROOT\bin\ccm-init-profile.cmd".
5. I did not find any information regarding the need to enable Oracle
Intermedia, but am informed it is in the APLAWS installation guide.
I had to do the following to enable Oracle Intermedia for the Oracle
GRANT CTXAPP TO ccmUser
GRANT EXECUTE ON ctx_ddl TO ccmUser
May also have to unlock the ctxsys account
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Install using .zip files on windows