Description of problem:
Two issues exist that prevent RANCID from handling some Juniper gear and all Palo Alto gear.
1) Code attempts to parse the scale-subscriber option which can result in divide-by-zero failure on some JunOS devices with certain licensing configurations. Fixed in this patch from upstream:
2) Due to a mistake, the panos.pm module defines the wrong namespace and Palo Alto hardware cannot be used with RANCID at all. Fixed in this patch from upstream:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Define a JunOS device with scale-subscribers license limit set to 0 or any Palo Alto device
2. Attempt to run RANCID against the device
A failure occurs in the RANCID script
The configuration should be downloaded, parsed, and saved in the VCS
Other patches exist in the FTP directory against 3.2 but do not fix critical operational issues to any device support. The patches I mentioned appear to apply cleanly other than the changes to the CHANGES file.
rancid-3.2-2.fc21 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 21.
rancid-3.2-2.fc22 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 22.
rancid-3.2-2.el7 has been submitted as an update for Fedora EPEL 7.
rancid-3.1-4.el6 has been submitted as an update for Fedora EPEL 6.
So it seems upstream isn't supporting anything >= 3.2 on RHEL 6. He's got some IPv6 code in there that isn't compatible with the version of the Socket module. So I've applied the patches mentioned to all Fedora and EPEL 7 at least. Hopefully this is sufficient.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 22 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing rancid-3.2-2.fc22'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
I was using RANCID 3.2-1 on EL6, but the version submitted for EPEL6 is 3.1-4. Won't this now be seen as a downgrade?
Seems like there is also a patch in #1224143 that works around the issue for 3.2 compatibility on EL6 perl.
Yes, its a downgrade from busted to working but older...
I'll post the patch mentioned in the bug to the rancid mailing list. However, if they don't pick it up I'm not going to support it.
rancid-3.2-2.fc21 has been pushed to the Fedora 21 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
rancid-3.2-2.fc22 has been pushed to the Fedora 22 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
rancid-3.2-2.el7 has been pushed to the Fedora EPEL 7 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
rancid-3.1-4.el6 has been pushed to the Fedora EPEL 6 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.