From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040504
Description of problem:
I have files with a .vhd extension. I want to call these VHDL files
and load a specific editor when I click on them. When I add them with
gnome-file-types-properities program, nautilus still shows them as
plain text instead of a VHDL file.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run gnome-file-types-properties
2. Click on "Add File Type..."
3. Put whatever description you want. I used "VHDL File"
4. I used a MIME type of text/x-vhdl
5. Category is Documents/Plain Text
6. Filename extensions are vhd and vhdl.
7. You can keep the action, because I'm just interested in nautilus
showing the file as a VHDL file instead of plain text at this point.
8. Click OK.
9. Open a nautilus window showing a *.vhd file. It is still shown as
Actual Results: File is shown as "Plain text document"
Expected Results: File should be shown as "VHDL File"
This should work in gnome 2.8 which is in rawhide.