Created attachment 1034120 [details]
Network status TUI
Description of problem:
The status TUI display wrong Networking status after Network configured to the "DHCP" mode when the cable of the target link has been unpluged.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Clean install rhevh-6.6-20150512.0.el6ev.iso
2. Unplug the cable of the target link "eth0" on the test machine.
3. Login rhevh and configure network as IPv4 DHCP mode on the link "eth0".
4. Go to the Status TUI and check the Networking status of the link "eth0".
The Networking status of link "eth0" display "Connected" on the Status TUI.
The Networking status of link "eth0" should display "Not connected" on the Status TUI.
The network service restart action should be failed with IPv4 DHCP configuration after unpluged the cable of the link "eth0", but the TUI display "All changes were applied successfully" during the network configuration. It would be better to check exit status of network service restart action and to display the exceptions to tell users the configuration already failed.
Is this also the case on RHEV-H 7?
It is also the case on el7.
I can reproduce this bug in (rhev-hypervisor6-6.6-20150512.0.el6ev.noarch/ovirt-node-tools-3.2.3-20.el7.noarch).
1. Clean install RHEV-H 7.2-20151201.2.el7ev
2. Unplug the cable of the target "enp0s25" on the test machine.
3. Login rhevh and configure network as IPv4 DHCP mode on the link "enp0s25".
4. Go to the Status TUI and check the Networking status of the link "enp0s25".
The Networking status of link "enp0s25" should display "Not connected" on the Status TUI.
So the bug is fixed, change bug status to VERIFIED.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.