The rtkaio libraries are now obsolete.
Applications should be using libaio.so.
The librt.so API is shared between rtkaio and the traditional POSIX rt libraries, so there is no ABI/API breakage, one can use librt as normal but it will not take advantage of Kernel AIO (KAIO).
We are not providing a compatibility symlink e.g. /lib64/rtkaio/librt.so.1|librtkaio-X.Y.so.
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 23 development cycle.
Changing version to '23'.
(As we did not run this process for some time, it could affect also pre-Fedora 23 development
cycle bugs. We are very sorry. It will help us with cleanup during Fedora 23 End Of Life. Thank you.)
More information and reason for this action is here:
Author: Carlos O'Donell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri Aug 28 15:29:26 2015 -0400
Remove librtkaio support.
The principal purpose of this change is to remove librtkaio support.
The Fedora system wide change request is here:
- Build require gcc-c++ for the C++ tests.
- Support --without testsuite option to disable testing after build.
- Support --without benchtests option to disable microbenchmarks.
- Update --with bootstrap to disable benchtests, valgrind, documentation,
selinux, and nss-crypt during bootstrap.
- Support --without werror to disable building with -Werror.
- Support --without docs to disable build requirement on texinfo.
- Support --without valgrind to disable testing with valgrind.
- Remove c_stubs add-on and enable fuller support for static binaries.
- Remove librtkaio support (#1227855).