Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1235070
Copied translations (using copy trans) should not be taken into account as contributions in the stats
Last modified: 2016-01-20 20:40:26 EST
Description of problem:
The statistics API is currently taking into account copied translations and awarding credit to the original translator. In order to keep a more accurate track of a translator's contributions, copied translations should not be counted as 'Translated' strings. They should either be not counted, or counted as a different type of contribution.
This is caused because Copy Trans copies the original translator into the translator field.
- Need to record more metadata:
- copied from copy version (100%)
- copied with version merge (100%)
- copied by copy trans ("project auto-fill") (100%)
- copied with TM merge (100% can be copied as Translated)
- Does metadata apply to just the revision, or stay on the text flow for its lifetime?
- Just the history entry has it.
Don't want later edits to be uncredited, since the point is to be able to see the amount of actual work done by a translator.
- Wipe the metadata on the HTextFlowTarget when an edit is made.
Changing from fuzzy to translated (without new text)
will make a new revision. This is fine because you
have contributed by reviewing it.
Technical note: wiping metadata when creating a revision is done for revision comments at the moment, so use that for reference.
Stats that should be influenced by not recording copies as translations:
- User profile page (All contributions by a single user across all projects.)
- Contribution API stats (Contributions to a particular project per-user.)
Verified at 70e87501e4b0bdbc8c03be446e384184dfa61285
release branch pull request: