Description of problem:
Changing the role of user results in removal of its ownership from the hosts.
Also not able to edit the organization and location of that user.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. The host profile which was owned by the user.
i.e after changing the role of user (in this case site-manager) the additional information tab of host profile reset the 'owned by' field to 'select an owner' but properties page shows the owner as same user.
2. The default assigned organization & location fields of user gets grayed because of point 1 once the role is changed.
3. After re-submitting the 'owned by' value of host profile, the default assigned organization and location gets removed from the user profile and need to re-add them.
After re-adding the organization and location to the user profile, the user is again visible under desired organization & location.
Also can be set that user as owner to host which owned by it previously.
1. User is not listed under respective organization/location.
2. Host ownership gets changed to 'Admin'
satellite webui --> Hosts --> All Hosts --> Click on host profile --> Edit --> Additional Information --> 'Owned By'
But the value donot change at satellite webui --> Hosts --> All Hosts --> Click on host profile --> Details --> Owner
3. As the user is locked with hosts details page, it not possible to edit it and re-add the organization/location to it.
After changing the role of user the host ownership still should remain same and the user should be present under the selected organization & location.
Since this issue was entered in Red Hat Bugzilla, the release flag has been
set to ? to ensure that it is properly evaluated for this release.
Created redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/12864 from this bug
Per 6.3 planning, moving out non acked bugs to the backlog
1. create a user not assigned to any org/loc
2. create a host in some org/loc
3. update host owner via hammer (webui would not let you), e.g. hammer host update --owner ares --id a.example.tst
API lets you assign owner from different or none org/loc.
API does not allow you to do this (web ui does not expose such users in select box already). Also webui should check parameters in assigning action, see below.
I tested carefully and it has nothing to do with reassigning role, that seems to work just fine. You can achieve the same bug through webui if you open 2 tabs, in one load the host edit form before you change user orgs/locs, then submit it with old select box. This means we should verify the parameters in assigning action too.
Upstream bug assigned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/12864 has been resolved.
Build: Satellite 6.3.0 snap29
1) Create a User with no org/loc
Name: Oh no
Authorized by: Internal
Effective admin: no
Inherited User groups:
Created at: 2017/12/20 13:27:33
Updated at: 2017/12/20 13:27:33
2) Create a host in some org/loc
hammer> host info --id 14
Owner Id: 3
Owner Type: User
3) Try to update ownership
Web UI doesn't list the created user in drop down
hammer> host update --owner Ohno --id 14
Could not update the host:
Is owned by does not belong into host's organization
Is owned by does not belong into host's location
You can achieve the same bug through webui if you open 2 tabs, in one load the host edit form before you change user orgs/locs, then submit it with old select box. This means we should verify the parameters in assigning action too.
Error on UI:
does not belong into host's organization and does not belong into host's location
Since the problem described in this bug report should be resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a resolution of ERRATA.
> > For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated files, follow the link below.
> > If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.
> > https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2018:0336