Description of problem:
RH EL 3.0 instaled on VmWare VM with 1G memory limit paniced at start.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
2.4.21-4EL and 2.4.21-15EL
1) I tried to install a testbox at vmware 4.0.5 on an Athlon CPU
server with 2.4.21-15
kernel and the latest glibc.
2) I created virtual machine with 1G RAM and started installing to
First install hanged while installing aplications.
3) I rebooted vmware and tried again - this install finished
successfully without hangup
but the installed system paniced. (file - log_1)
4) I booted this testbox with set 'mem=725M'
successfully. (file - log_2)
5) It installed 2.4.21-15EL kernel into this testbox and tried to
start without any luck. (file - log_3).
Steps to Reproduce:
Created attachment 100417 [details]
All logs from vmware vm and vmware config.
This looks like something you might want to bring to support,
presuming your entitlement is up to date, at
This bug is filed against RHEL 3, which is in maintenance phase.
During the maintenance phase, only security errata and select mission
critical bug fixes will be released for enterprise products. Since
this bug does not meet that criteria, it is now being closed.
For more information of the RHEL errata support policy, please visit:
If you feel this bug is indeed mission critical, please contact your
support representative. You may be asked to provide detailed
information on how this bug is affecting you.