Bug 1239050 - ideapad_laptop disables wifi on Lenovo Yoga 3 laptops (hardware disabled)
Summary: ideapad_laptop disables wifi on Lenovo Yoga 3 laptops (hardware disabled)
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED NEXTRELEASE
Alias: None
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: kernel
Version: 22
Hardware: x86_64
OS: Linux
unspecified
high
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Hans de Goede
QA Contact: Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2015-07-03 11:34 UTC by Valent Turkovic
Modified: 2015-09-06 06:21 UTC (History)
12 users (show)

Fixed In Version: 4.1.6-100.fc21
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2015-08-26 17:49:54 UTC
Type: Bug


Attachments (Terms of Use)
[PATCH] ideapad-laptop: Add Lenovo Yoga 3 14 to no_hw_rfkill dmi list (1.31 KB, patch)
2015-07-24 13:30 UTC, Hans de Goede
no flags Details | Diff


Links
System ID Priority Status Summary Last Updated
Linux Kernel 102711 None None None Never

Description Valent Turkovic 2015-07-03 11:34:05 UTC
Description of problem:
ideapad-laptop kernel driver disables wireless on Yoga 2 and Yoga 3 laptops.
When issuing "rmmod ideapad-laptop" or blacklisting it wifi works ok.

References and fixes:
http://billauer.co.il/blog/2014/08/linux-ubuntu-yoga-hardware-blocked-wireless-lan/
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2215044&page=3


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:


Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Fedora
2. Watch wifi fail
3. Fall into tears and cry

Actual results:


Expected results:
To install Fedora and have wifi enabled to watch cat videos online :)

Additional info:

Comment 1 Valent Turkovic 2015-07-03 11:49:56 UTC
This bug report shows that this issue has been detected before and fixed, is this a regression or a new bug?

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1021036

Comment 3 Peter F. Patel-Schneider 2015-07-03 12:53:02 UTC
Things are working well on my Yoga 2 Pro with kernel 4.0.4-303.fc22.x86_64

Comment 4 Valent Turkovic 2015-07-03 20:08:03 UTC
@Peter thanks for your feedback.

Comment 5 Valent Turkovic 2015-07-03 20:09:03 UTC
I typed in sudo dmidecode on Lenovo Yoga 3 and this is output:

System Information:
    Manufacturer: LENOVO
    Product Name: 80JH
    Version: Lenovo Yoga 3 14

Lenovo Yoga 3 is currently is not supported in ideapad_laptop kernel driver

Comment 6 Josh Boyer 2015-07-06 19:26:40 UTC
Isn't this a duplicate of bug 1192270 ?

Comment 7 Valent Turkovic 2015-07-07 09:19:56 UTC
(In reply to Josh Boyer from comment #6)
> Isn't this a duplicate of bug 1192270 ?

Both are Lenovo laptops with same issue, but still there are different models. But if title would change to a more generic one like "Some new Lenovo laptops aren't supported by ideapad_laptop" then it would be a duplicate.

Comment 8 Hans de Goede 2015-07-22 13:16:06 UTC
Valent,

You likely need to write a kernel patch like this one:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/drivers/platform/x86/ideapad-laptop.c?id=4fa9dabcffc8e16601307d3d56b58c68d9716ba4

For your model yoga, specifically you will need to add a new entry to that dmi table with the DMI_PRODUCT_VERSION set to the output of:

cat /sys/class/dmi/id/product_version

For your yoga.

Can you write such a patch and build a test-kernel with it ? If not please provide the output of:

cat /sys/class/dmi/id/sys_vendor
cat /sys/class/dmi/id/product_version

And I will write a patch and provide a test kernel for you.

Regards,

Hans

Comment 9 Valent Turkovic 2015-07-23 14:53:10 UTC
Hi Hans,
I would appreciate if you can provide test kernel.

Here are informations you requested:

$ cat /sys/class/dmi/id/product_version
Lenovo Yoga 3 14

$ cat /sys/class/dmi/id/sys_vendor
LENOVO

$ cat /sys/class/dmi/id/product_version
Lenovo Yoga 3 14

Comment 10 Laura Abbott 2015-07-23 16:51:24 UTC
The 4.1.3 update has been filed which should have the patch mentioned above. Please test that and give karma. https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/kernel-4.1.3-200.fc22

Comment 11 Hans de Goede 2015-07-24 08:31:42 UTC
Hi,

(In reply to Laura Abbott from comment #10)
> The 4.1.3 update has been filed which should have the patch mentioned above.
> Please test that and give karma.
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/kernel-4.1.3-200.fc22

The patch listed above was an example of how to add an entry to the no_hw_rfkill_list of the ideapad_laptop module, the model laptop this bug in question is about is different then the one fixed by the patch. I'll write a patch and do a scratch build for the reporter to test.

Regards,

Hans

Comment 12 Hans de Goede 2015-07-24 13:29:19 UTC
Hi,

I've just started a scratch build of the fedora 4.1.3 kernel with a patch which should fix this:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=10462458

Please download the following rpms:
kernel-4.1.3-...rpm
kernel-core-4.1.3-...rpm
kernel-modules-4.1.3-...rpm

For your arch from there  (note this is still building atm).

Save them all to the same directory (which should not contain other rpms) and do:

sudo rpm -ivh kernel-*.rpm

From within that directory.

Then boot into the new kernel (without any special kernel commandline options or module blacklists) and check if this fixes things.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans

Comment 13 Hans de Goede 2015-07-24 13:30:41 UTC
Created attachment 1055737 [details]
[PATCH] ideapad-laptop: Add Lenovo Yoga 3 14 to no_hw_rfkill dmi list

Comment 14 Valent Turkovic 2015-07-29 11:00:18 UTC
Hi Hans,
installation of kernel went without problem but it fails on boot with message:

"error: /vmlinuz-4.1.3-200.rh1236337_1239050.fc22.x86_64 has invalid signature.
error: you may need to load kernel first."

Any ideas how to proceed?

Regards,
Valent.

Comment 15 Fedora Kernel Team 2015-07-29 13:28:58 UTC
You need to disable secure boot in your firmware.  Scratch kernels cannot be signed.

Comment 16 Sean Richards 2015-08-05 19:58:42 UTC
I am unable to patch my laptop at all because the wireless is disabled.  I've tried adding blacklist = ideapad_laptop to the blacklist.conf file.  Is there a way I can manually patch to see if it restored functionality?

Product version:  Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro-1370
Vendor: Lenovo

Comment 17 Hans de Goede 2015-08-05 21:12:26 UTC
(In reply to Sean Richards from comment #16)
> I am unable to patch my laptop at all because the wireless is disabled. 
> I've tried adding blacklist = ideapad_laptop to the blacklist.conf file.  Is
> there a way I can manually patch to see if it restored functionality?
> 
> Product version:  Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro-1370
> Vendor: Lenovo

As said before, to run the test kernel, you need to disable secure boot, this is not done from the operating system, but from the EFI setup / BIOS screen of your laptop.

Comment 18 Sean Richards 2015-08-05 21:17:29 UTC
I'm not running the test Kernel.  I tried doing the blacklist = ideapad_laptop here and it doesn't seem to be working.  I simply want to patch Fedora.  Are you saying the only working work around at this time to use an unsigned kernel?

Comment 19 Hans de Goede 2015-08-06 07:22:24 UTC
Hi,

(In reply to Sean Richards from comment #18)
> I'm not running the test Kernel.  I tried doing the blacklist =
> ideapad_laptop here and it doesn't seem to be working.  I simply want to
> patch Fedora.  Are you saying the only working work around at this time to
> use an unsigned kernel?

What I'm saying is that if you run the test-kernel (even just once) that we will then know if the patch works or not and can add the patch to the officially build and signed kernels.

Regards,

Hans

Comment 20 Sean Richards 2015-08-06 19:58:29 UTC
(In reply to Hans de Goede from comment #19)
> Hi,
> 
> (In reply to Sean Richards from comment #18)
> > I'm not running the test Kernel.  I tried doing the blacklist =
> > ideapad_laptop here and it doesn't seem to be working.  I simply want to
> > patch Fedora.  Are you saying the only working work around at this time to
> > use an unsigned kernel?
> 
> What I'm saying is that if you run the test-kernel (even just once) that we
> will then know if the patch works or not and can add the patch to the
> officially build and signed kernels.
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Hans

Hans, I am getting the following error.

xorg-x11-drv-vmmouse < 13.0.99 conflicts with erknet-core-4.1.3-201.fc22.x86_64.  May I get some suggestions.

Comment 21 Sean Richards 2015-08-07 00:54:34 UTC
Hans,

I tried patching by hand today.  That didn't work out well for me.  I am just not a strong enough user to manage this alone.  So I ordered a usb nic from amazon so I can patch up and then apply your patch to see if it works.  I should have the nic by Saturday my time.

Comment 22 Hans de Goede 2015-08-07 08:54:24 UTC
Hi,

(In reply to Sean Richards from comment #20)
> (In reply to Hans de Goede from comment #19)
> > Hi,
> > 
> > (In reply to Sean Richards from comment #18)
> > > I'm not running the test Kernel.  I tried doing the blacklist =
> > > ideapad_laptop here and it doesn't seem to be working.  I simply want to
> > > patch Fedora.  Are you saying the only working work around at this time to
> > > use an unsigned kernel?
> > 
> > What I'm saying is that if you run the test-kernel (even just once) that we
> > will then know if the patch works or not and can add the patch to the
> > officially build and signed kernels.
> > 
> > Regards,
> > 
> > Hans
> 
> Hans, I am getting the following error.
> 
> xorg-x11-drv-vmmouse < 13.0.99 conflicts with
> erknet-core-4.1.3-201.fc22.x86_64.  May I get some suggestions.

That is not a problem since you're not running in vmware, add "--nodeps" to the end of the "rpm -ivh" command to override that check and you should be good to go.

Regards,

Hans

Comment 23 Sean Richards 2015-08-07 19:52:03 UTC
(In reply to Hans de Goede from comment #22)
> Hi,
> 
> (In reply to Sean Richards from comment #20)
> > (In reply to Hans de Goede from comment #19)
> > > Hi,
> > > 
> > > (In reply to Sean Richards from comment #18)
> > > > I'm not running the test Kernel.  I tried doing the blacklist =
> > > > ideapad_laptop here and it doesn't seem to be working.  I simply want to
> > > > patch Fedora.  Are you saying the only working work around at this time to
> > > > use an unsigned kernel?
> > > 
> > > What I'm saying is that if you run the test-kernel (even just once) that we
> > > will then know if the patch works or not and can add the patch to the
> > > officially build and signed kernels.
> > > 
> > > Regards,
> > > 
> > > Hans
> > 
> > Hans, I am getting the following error.
> > 
> > xorg-x11-drv-vmmouse < 13.0.99 conflicts with
> > erknet-core-4.1.3-201.fc22.x86_64.  May I get some suggestions.
> 
> That is not a problem since you're not running in vmware, add "--nodeps" to
> the end of the "rpm -ivh" command to override that check and you should be
> good to go.
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Hans

Hans, bad news sir.  I was able to in fact install the kernel.  I was able to boot up verify that kernel is install but still no wireless.  Any commands you suggest so that I may provide you with more details?

Comment 24 Hans de Goede 2015-08-08 09:46:04 UTC
Hi,

(In reply to Sean Richards from comment #23)

> Hans, bad news sir.  I was able to in fact install the kernel.  I was able
> to boot up verify that kernel is install but still no wireless.  Any
> commands you suggest so that I may provide you with more details?

Ok, can you please do "rfkill list" and provide the output of that command ? If you do not have rfkill you can install it by doing "sudo dnf install rfkill"

Regards,

Hans

Comment 25 Sean Richards 2015-08-08 23:27:43 UTC
(In reply to Hans de Goede from comment #24)
> Hi,
> 
> (In reply to Sean Richards from comment #23)
> 
> > Hans, bad news sir.  I was able to in fact install the kernel.  I was able
> > to boot up verify that kernel is install but still no wireless.  Any
> > commands you suggest so that I may provide you with more details?
> 
> Ok, can you please do "rfkill list" and provide the output of that command ?
> If you do not have rfkill you can install it by doing "sudo dnf install
> rfkill"
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Hans

Here you go Hans.  Here are the results of the command you asked for.

# rfkill list
0: ideapad_wlan: Wireless LAN
	Soft blocked: no
	Hard blocked: no
1: ideapad_bluetooth: Bluetooth
	Soft blocked: no
	Hard blocked: no
3: hci0: Bluetooth
	Soft blocked: no
	Hard blocked: no

# lspci
01:00.0 Network controller:  Broadcom Corportion BCM4352 801.11ac Wireless Netwrok Adapter (Rev 03)

Comment 26 Valent Turkovic 2015-08-08 23:41:17 UTC
On my Yoga 3 wifi now works with ideapad-laptop kernel module loaded.

@Hans, thank you.

Comment 27 Sean Richards 2015-08-09 01:12:20 UTC
I think it would also be noteworthy that nothing is under network either under settings.  I welcome some more suggestions.

Comment 28 Hans de Goede 2015-08-10 08:43:06 UTC
Hi,

(In reply to Sean Richards from comment #25)
> (In reply to Hans de Goede from comment #24)
> > Hi,
> > 
> > (In reply to Sean Richards from comment #23)
> > 
> > > Hans, bad news sir.  I was able to in fact install the kernel.  I was able
> > > to boot up verify that kernel is install but still no wireless.  Any
> > > commands you suggest so that I may provide you with more details?
> > 
> > Ok, can you please do "rfkill list" and provide the output of that command ?
> > If you do not have rfkill you can install it by doing "sudo dnf install
> > rfkill"
> > 
> > Regards,
> > 
> > Hans
> 
> Here you go Hans.  Here are the results of the command you asked for.
> 
> # rfkill list
> 0: ideapad_wlan: Wireless LAN
> 	Soft blocked: no
> 	Hard blocked: no
> 1: ideapad_bluetooth: Bluetooth
> 	Soft blocked: no
> 	Hard blocked: no
> 3: hci0: Bluetooth
> 	Soft blocked: no
> 	Hard blocked: no

OK, this looks good, so it seems that with the test kernel there is a problem outside of ideapad_laptop.

> # lspci
> 01:00.0 Network controller:  Broadcom Corportion BCM4352 801.11ac Wireless
> Netwrok Adapter (Rev 03)

So it likely is something with the driver for this one.

Can you please do a clean boot with the test kernel and then do:

dmesg > dmesg.log

And also provide the output of "lspci -nn" for the wifi card ?

Regards,

Hans

Comment 29 Sean Richards 2015-08-10 16:11:26 UTC
What do you mean by clean boot?  I googled it and there were several different things mentioned.  Could you please describe to me what you would like me to do exactly?

Comment 30 Hans de Goede 2015-08-11 07:49:35 UTC
Hi,

(In reply to Sean Richards from comment #29)
> What do you mean by clean boot?  I googled it and there were several
> different things mentioned.  Could you please describe to me what you would
> like me to do exactly?

What I mean is that the dmesg command should be done soon after a reboot into the test kernel, not after running for hours. The reason for this is that otherwise early boot messages may have been moved out of the dmesg buffer to make room for later messages.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans

Comment 31 Sean Richards 2015-08-11 14:20:35 UTC
Ok, nothing came up when I did dmesg > dmesg.log.  So I did a cat dmesg.log instead.  I got the following results.

[    7.829696] intel_rapl: Found RAPL domain package
[    7.829700] intel_rapl: Found RAPL domain core
[    7.829703] intel_rapl: Found RAPL domain dram
[    7.860817] b43-phy0: Broadcom 4352 WLAN found (core revision 42)
[    7.884409] bcma: bus0: HT force timeout
[    8.034006] bcma: bus0: PLL enable timeout
[    8.034053] b43-phy0 ERROR: FOUND UNSUPPORTED PHY (Analog 12, Type 11 (AC), Revision 1)
[    8.034066] b43: probe of bcma0:1 failed with error -95
[    8.034085] Broadcom 43xx driver loaded [ Features: PMNLS ]
[    8.801760] Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.3
[    8.801764] Bluetooth: BNEP filters: protocol multicast
[    8.801768] Bluetooth: BNEP socket layer initialized
[    8.972838] nf_conntrack version 0.5.0 (65536 buckets, 262144 max)


Here is what I got from lspci -nn

# lspci -nn
00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U Host Bridge -OPI [8086:1604] (rev 08)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U Integrated Graphics [8086:161e] (rev 08)
00:03.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U Audio Controller [8086:160c] (rev 08)
00:04.0 Signal processing controller [1180]: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U Camarillo Device [8086:1603] (rev 08)
00:14.0 USB controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP USB xHCI Controller [8086:9cb1] (rev 03)
00:16.0 Communication controller [0780]: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP MEI Controller #1 [8086:9cba] (rev 03)
00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP High Definition Audio Controller [8086:9ca0] (rev 03)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP PCI Express Root Port #3 [8086:9c94] (rev e3)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP LPC Controller [8086:9cc7] (rev 03)
00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP SATA Controller [AHCI Mode] [8086:9c83] (rev 03)
00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP SMBus Controller [8086:9ca2] (rev 03)
00:1f.6 Signal processing controller [1180]: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP Thermal Management Controller [8086:9ca4] (rev 03)
01:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter [14e4:43b1] (rev 03)

Comment 32 Sean Richards 2015-08-11 14:30:51 UTC
(In reply to Sean Richards from comment #31)
> Ok, nothing came up when I did dmesg > dmesg.log.  So I did a cat dmesg.log
> instead.  I got the following results.
> 
> [    7.829696] intel_rapl: Found RAPL domain package
> [    7.829700] intel_rapl: Found RAPL domain core
> [    7.829703] intel_rapl: Found RAPL domain dram
> [    7.860817] b43-phy0: Broadcom 4352 WLAN found (core revision 42)
> [    7.884409] bcma: bus0: HT force timeout
> [    8.034006] bcma: bus0: PLL enable timeout
> [    8.034053] b43-phy0 ERROR: FOUND UNSUPPORTED PHY (Analog 12, Type 11
> (AC), Revision 1)
> [    8.034066] b43: probe of bcma0:1 failed with error -95
> [    8.034085] Broadcom 43xx driver loaded [ Features: PMNLS ]
> [    8.801760] Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.3
> [    8.801764] Bluetooth: BNEP filters: protocol multicast
> [    8.801768] Bluetooth: BNEP socket layer initialized
> [    8.972838] nf_conntrack version 0.5.0 (65536 buckets, 262144 max)
> 
> 
> Here is what I got from lspci -nn
> 
> # lspci -nn
> 00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U Host Bridge -OPI
> [8086:1604] (rev 08)
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U
> Integrated Graphics [8086:161e] (rev 08)
> 00:03.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U Audio Controller
> [8086:160c] (rev 08)
> 00:04.0 Signal processing controller [1180]: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U
> Camarillo Device [8086:1603] (rev 08)
> 00:14.0 USB controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP USB xHCI
> Controller [8086:9cb1] (rev 03)
> 00:16.0 Communication controller [0780]: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP
> MEI Controller #1 [8086:9cba] (rev 03)
> 00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP High
> Definition Audio Controller [8086:9ca0] (rev 03)
> 00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP PCI Express
> Root Port #3 [8086:9c94] (rev e3)
> 00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP LPC Controller
> [8086:9cc7] (rev 03)
> 00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP SATA
> Controller [AHCI Mode] [8086:9c83] (rev 03)
> 00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP SMBus Controller
> [8086:9ca2] (rev 03)
> 00:1f.6 Signal processing controller [1180]: Intel Corporation Wildcat
> Point-LP Thermal Management Controller [8086:9ca4] (rev 03)
> 01:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4352 802.11ac
> Wireless Network Adapter [14e4:43b1] (rev 03)

I also wanted to add.  The wireless card works on Windows 10.

Comment 33 Hans de Goede 2015-08-12 14:57:00 UTC
Hi,

> > [    7.860817] b43-phy0: Broadcom 4352 WLAN found (core revision 42)
> > [    7.884409] bcma: bus0: HT force timeout
> > [    8.034006] bcma: bus0: PLL enable timeout
> > [    8.034053] b43-phy0 ERROR: FOUND UNSUPPORTED PHY (Analog 12, Type 11
> > (AC), Revision 1)
> > [    8.034066] b43: probe of bcma0:1 failed with error -95
> > [    8.034085] Broadcom 43xx driver loaded [ Features: PMNLS ]

This indicates a problem with the wifi driver for your card, rather then a ideapad_laptop problem. The best thing to do to get this solved is to send a mail to the Linux wireless mailinglist  <linux-wireless@vger.kernel.org> with the above log messages, asking them for help.

You do not need to be subscribed to the list, put yourself in the Cc when sending the mail to make sure that you will get all replies.

Regards,

Hans

Comment 34 Sean Richards 2015-08-12 15:03:50 UTC
Ok, thank.  I will do that now.  Thank you so much for your help.

Comment 35 Sean Richards 2015-08-12 16:46:05 UTC
Hans,

I hate to be a pain.  However, when I send my email from webmail.  I keep getting this rejection.  I am unable to send the email.

Reason: SMTP transmission failure has occurred
  Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.7.1 Content-Policy reject msg: The message contains HTML subpart, therefore we consider it SPAM or Outlook Virus. TEXT/PLAIN is

Comment 36 Hans de Goede 2015-08-13 17:18:38 UTC
Hi,

(In reply to Sean Richards from comment #35)
> Hans,
> 
> I hate to be a pain.  However, when I send my email from webmail.  I keep
> getting this rejection.  I am unable to send the email.

No problem, I've just send a mail myself. No lets wait and hope that someone can help with this.

Regards,

Hans

Comment 37 Hans de Goede 2015-08-14 07:01:34 UTC
Hi All,

(In reply to Hans de Goede from comment #36)
> Hi,
> 
> (In reply to Sean Richards from comment #35)
> > Hans,
> > 
> > I hate to be a pain.  However, when I send my email from webmail.  I keep
> > getting this rejection.  I am unable to send the email.
> 
> No problem, I've just send a mail myself. No lets wait and hope that someone
> can help with this.

Ok, got an answer on this, it seems that (unfortunately) supporting your wifi chip under Linux requires a lot of effort, as it in essence is a whole new chip, and this is not likely to happen soon.

That only leaves Valent Turkovic part of this bug, which is fixed by the attached patch.

Josh can you add the patch attached to this bugreport to the Fedora kernel builds please ? It has been submitted and accepted upstream, so it should eventually trickle down, so that we can drop it again.

Regards,

Hans

Comment 38 Josh Boyer 2015-08-14 20:59:15 UTC
(In reply to Hans de Goede from comment #37)
> Hi All,
> 
> (In reply to Hans de Goede from comment #36)
> > Hi,
> > 
> > (In reply to Sean Richards from comment #35)
> > > Hans,
> > > 
> > > I hate to be a pain.  However, when I send my email from webmail.  I keep
> > > getting this rejection.  I am unable to send the email.
> > 
> > No problem, I've just send a mail myself. No lets wait and hope that someone
> > can help with this.
> 
> Ok, got an answer on this, it seems that (unfortunately) supporting your
> wifi chip under Linux requires a lot of effort, as it in essence is a whole
> new chip, and this is not likely to happen soon.
> 
> That only leaves Valent Turkovic part of this bug, which is fixed by the
> attached patch.
> 
> Josh can you add the patch attached to this bugreport to the Fedora kernel
> builds please ? It has been submitted and accepted upstream, so it should
> eventually trickle down, so that we can drop it again.

Yes.  I'll try to get to it later this evening or over the weekend as I'm traveling.

josh

Comment 39 Josh Boyer 2015-08-16 00:59:38 UTC
Added in git.

Comment 40 Fedora Update System 2015-08-18 00:19:44 UTC
kernel-4.1.6-200.fc22 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 22.
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/kernel-4.1.6-200.fc22

Comment 41 Fedora Update System 2015-08-18 02:23:08 UTC
kernel-4.1.6-100.fc21 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 21.
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/kernel-4.1.6-100.fc21

Comment 42 Fedora Update System 2015-08-19 08:13:12 UTC
Package kernel-4.1.6-200.fc22:
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 22 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing kernel-4.1.6-200.fc22'
as soon as you are able to, then reboot.
Please go to the following url:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2015-13710/kernel-4.1.6-200.fc22
then log in and leave karma (feedback).

Comment 43 Fedora Update System 2015-08-24 21:56:30 UTC
kernel-4.2.0-0.rc8.git0.1.fc23 has been pushed to the Fedora 23 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.\nIf you want to test the update, you can install it with \n su -c 'yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update kernel'. You can provide feedback for this update here: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2015-14151

Comment 44 Fedora Update System 2015-08-26 17:49:50 UTC
kernel-4.1.6-200.fc22 has been pushed to the Fedora 22 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.

Comment 45 Fedora Update System 2015-08-27 17:57:18 UTC
kernel-4.2.0-0.rc8.git0.1.fc23 has been pushed to the Fedora 23 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.

Comment 46 Fedora Update System 2015-09-06 06:20:53 UTC
kernel-4.1.6-100.fc21 has been pushed to the Fedora 21 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.