Description of problem:
Sharding translator does not aggregate ia_size and ia_blocks in the cbks of (f)setattr. And fuse copies out poststat into the fuse output header before writing the response to /dev/fuse. This was causing issues with OS installation on vm images with sharded volumes.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a dis-rep volume with sharding enabled and also all the options that need to be set which are documented at http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Libgfapi_with_qemu_libvirt.
2. Create a vm image on the volume.
3. Try to install (any) OS on this newly created image using virt-install CLI.
4. Open the UI on virt-manager and resume installation.
5. The application fails to recognise the virtio disk that is associated with the image.
COMMIT: http://review.gluster.org/11754 committed in master by Pranith Kumar Karampuri (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Author: Krutika Dhananjay <email@example.com>
Date: Thu Jul 23 14:59:19 2015 +0530
posix,shard: Fill in ia_size and ia_blocks before unwinding (f)setattr
The shard xlator will request for size xattrs in its request and
posix will perform xattr_fill of requested keys before unwinding
Signed-off-by: Krutika Dhananjay <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Tested-by: Gluster Build System <email@example.com>
Reviewed-by: Pranith Kumar Karampuri <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Tested-by: NetBSD Build System <email@example.com>
Fix for this BZ is already present in a GlusterFS release. You can find clone of this BZ, fixed in a GlusterFS release and closed. Hence closing this mainline BZ as well.
This bug is getting closed because a release has been made available that should address the reported issue. In case the problem is still not fixed with glusterfs-3.8.0, please open a new bug report.
glusterfs-3.8.0 has been announced on the Gluster mailinglists , packages for several distributions should become available in the near future. Keep an eye on the Gluster Users mailinglist  and the update infrastructure for your distribution.